GBND LATEST MOCK DRAFT

Stinger226

I find information on this website to be quite interesting and their 3 round draft had us taking:

1- Danny Shelton/NT

2- Hau'oli Kikaha/OLB---------------2013 13 70 15.5 13.0

2014 14 72 25.0 19.0

3-Anthony Harris/FS----------------2014 12 108 10 2 6 6'1'' 190lbs

Love this draft

I find information on this website to be quite interesting and their 3 round draft had us taking:

1- Danny Shelton/NT

2014 14 72 25.0 19.0

Love this draft

I would really dig that draft. Harris to me is a better S than Holliman. Like Holliman, Harris led the nation in INTs last season 2013. He also has achieved some high accolades as an athlete and student. I included a nice write up on him.

http://www.virginiasports.com/sports/m-foo.../092414aac.html

I'd be very happy with those first two picks. I need to read up on the safety but I've already said I don't want Holliman because he plays too soft. I don't want a safety who is afraid to tackle in college because that isn't going to change with bigger faster players in the NFL (see Brock Vereen).

Damn stinger, your avatar looks very old school... In a nice nostalgiac way.

1- Danny Shelton/NT

2014 14 72 25.0 19.0

Love this draft

As much as I dislike mock drafts I would like to inject that I'm intrigued about Shaq Thompson (OLB - Washington). Bucky Brooks had him as the #1 pick for the Bears. Apparently he's extremely versatile. Not only played OLB and some Safety, he also has had a stint as RB. In the scouting report he's being advertised a potential 3rd RB on a team's roster. Talk about "Best Value". His comparative current NFL player? The "other" Brandon Marshall. Intriguing indeed.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/d...diary/23189969/

Although I'm hesitant only because I still feel the D needs a proven veteran LB to make things work.

As much as I dislike mock drafts I would like to inject that I'm intrigued about Shaq Thompson (OLB - Washington). Bucky Brooks had him as the #1 pick for the Bears. Apparently he's extremely versatile. Not only played OLB and some Safety, he also has had a stint as RB. In the scouting report he's being advertised a potential 3rd RB on a team's roster. Talk about "Best Value". His comparative current NFL player? The "other" Brandon Marshall. Intriguing indeed.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/d...diary/23189969/

Although I'm hesitant only because I still feel the D needs a proven veteran LB to make things work.

At 6'1" 228 that is mighty small for a NFL OLB. He would have to play safety/

Really starting to hear chatter on Dorsett, moving up boards to rd 2 or late 1st. Today he is taken if available in 3rd.

1-Danny Shelton DT

2-Hauoli Kikaha OLB- trade down 8 spots and gain a 4th RD

3-Phillip Dorsett WR/KR

4-Durrell Eskridge SS

4-Jake Ryan ILB

6-Brandon Vitabile C

7-Dominique Brown RB

Shaq would be an ILB here, and probably a damn good one at that, but when stacked up against Shelton and Ray, I gotta go with one of those2. Now if we go out and add Knighton and one of tthe FA OLBs then Shaq probably moves toward the top of my list(assuming we also didn't add an ILB in FA).....Though when talking about ILBs I kinda like Eric Kendricks a tad bit more.

Shaq would be an ILB here, and probably a damn good one at that, but when stacked up against Shelton and Ray, I gotta go with one of those2. Now if we go out and add Knighton and one of tthe FA OLBs then Shaq probably moves toward the top of my list(assuming we also didn't add an ILB in FA).....Though when talking about ILBs I kinda like Eric Kendricks a tad bit more.

Kinda similar thinking here too. Where I'm hesitant in adding another rookie player to the LB ranks. I really think it'll be necessary to have a veteran player in the play calling (or at least leadership role - and not Briggs). I'd prefer someone like Houston. But dang I like this kids versatility. He's played safety and is an LB currently. Hmm that sounds familar.

Speaking of veteran LBs, Sports Illustrated predicts that because they are going to a 3-4 the Bears will sign Brian Orakpo from WA. Didn't even know he was a FA candidate. That could be interesting although he's a little on the older side. SI also predicts the Bears will sign QB Matt Moore from Miami. What connection is there I wonder?

Kinda similar thinking here too. Where I'm hesitant in adding another rookie player to the LB ranks. I really think it'll be necessary to have a veteran player in the play calling (or at least leadership role - and not Briggs). I'd prefer someone like Houston. But dang I like this kids versatility. He's played safety and is an LB currently. Hmm that sounds familar.

Speaking of veteran LBs, Sports Illustrated predicts that because they are going to a 3-4 the Bears will sign Brian Orakpo from WA. Didn't even know he was a FA candidate. That could be interesting although he's a little on the older side. SI also predicts the Bears will sign QB Matt Moore from Miami. What connection is there I wonder?

Moore was with Fox in Carolina.

Orakpo is interesting. He's been injury prone, so I think he might wanna take a one year prove it deal which could prove to be a good thing for the Bears. He'd be hungry, and they wouldnt have to commit too much for too long and risk a bad contract.