Draft Prospect Q's

madlithuanian

Does anyone have any opinions on the following: (I heard numerous discussions on a few sites and shows thart mention these guys a few times...)

Fill in our need for speed

1. WR Justin Hardy - fast, small, but good after catch and good seperation

2. WR Dez Lewis - fast

Pass Rushers

3. DE Shane Ray - edge rusher

4. OLB Dante Fowler

QB

5. Blake Sims - late round diamond in rough?

I think I saw that he is either a 4.5 or 4.4 forty guy, which is insane for a OLB. IF he is there at 7 I would love this pick.

40 time certainly isn't that important, and WF could be wrong, but between Ray, Fowler, Beasley, and Dupree they actually have Ray projected to have the worst 40 of the bunch at 4.84....I'm more interested in the 20 yard shuttle though.

Somewhat interesting to note that Beasley, who I didn't really like because he was viewed as undersized, actually weighed in more than Ray.

40 time certainly isn't that important, and WF could be wrong, but between Ray, Fowler, Beasley, and Dupree they actually have Ray projected to have the worst 40 of the bunch at 4.84....I'm more interested in the 20 yard shuttle though.

Somewhat interesting to note that Beasley, who I didn't really like because he was viewed as undersized, actually weighed in more than Ray.

If a guy at 6'3 245 runs a 4.5 his 20 yard shuttle will be good. Freeny was a 4.5/4.6 guy. Speed kills when shorter and lighter dealing with 300+ OT's.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1860857/shane-ray

Sorry I was wrong it said he was 4.4 guy..... not a 4.5 guy.

4.4 guys are quick and have top end speed.

Not sure where CBS got the 4.4, either way we will see shortly at the combine.