With the answers Fox and Pace gave about Cutler

Chitownhustla

1. Can they restructure his deal making it more cap friendly? Or should I say ask him to take a pay cut and then make the contract more incentive based???

2. Is this their way of putting it out there that he is on the trading blocks???

3. Could they be making their decision to cut him or keep him? Pace and Fox may just say freak it and cut him opening up money next year and eating it now.

If you didn't hear it or see it, Jay Gruden came out and said RG3 is their starting QB next season. Fox and Pace went the complete other way with their press conference. I wonder if their dinner with McCown was a little bit of a Cutler research meeting.

Who better to ask about Cutler than the guy who backed him up for a year. They very easily could have said we will express interest in bringing you to Chicago to help make your market look stronger for some inside info on Cutler.

I think any kind of pay cut/restructure is out of the window. There is no positioning needed if they just want to convert to bonus like they did last year, and Cutler has too much money guaranteed to want to change his contract. He will be paid well if he stays, cut, or traded.

But I am convinced that Fox and Pace know exactly what they are doing with Cutler.

I think getting to know Cutler is just setting the course of the path they are heading. The big question is where does that path lead?

-Is it a way to appease fans that they talked, on the same boat, and things will be different this time?

-Is it to stall on a commitment to Cutler until they ultimately trade him?

-Is it a way to say that they had different visions, and decide to part ways via cut?

I think cutting him is out of the picture now. Getting to know Cutler doesn't fit the cutting narrative like it does keeping or trading him. I think they would have stuck with only saying they are evaluating him if that was the case.

I honestly have no idea what they will do at this point.

I think any kind of pay cut/restructure is out of the window. There is no positioning needed if they just want to convert to bonus like they did last year, and Cutler has too much money guaranteed to want to change his contract. He will be paid well if he stays, cut, or traded.

But I am convinced that Fox and Pace know exactly what they are doing with Cutler.

I think getting to know Cutler is just setting the course of the path they are heading. The big question is where does that path lead?

-Is it a way to appease fans that they talked, on the same boat, and things will be different this time?

-Is it to stall on a commitment to Cutler until they ultimately trade him?

-Is it a way to say that they had different visions, and decide to part ways via cut?

I think cutting him is out of the picture now. Getting to know Cutler doesn't fit the cutting narrative like it does keeping or trading him. I think they would have stuck with only saying they are evaluating him if that was the case.

I honestly have no idea what they will do at this point.

Didnt think about the leverage Cutler has with guaranteed money with taking a pay cut.

From the info Dabomb posted it looks like they may be trying to get a trade market going for Cutler.

Didnt think about the leverage Cutler has with guaranteed money with taking a pay cut.

From the info Dabomb posted it looks like they may be trying to get a trade market going for Cutler.

They are simply checking out all options to make a better team. It may be with Cutler, it may not, but there really isnt any reason to have to make that commitment until the last day.

They are simply checking out all options to make a better team. It may be with Cutler, it may not, but there really isnt any reason to have to make that commitment until the last day.

I all for it. I think the Bears can win with Cutler but the big reason I say try that is because of his contract. If they can get out from underneath it and then feel they have a better option then do it!!!