Forte goes to Twitter

adam

Comments out of the Forte camp:

What yall think about this Bear fans?RT @dabearscom: Chicago Exploring Trade Options For Forte? Rumors Indicate Yes http://bit.ly/1B0Hvkl

A lot of football left in me. I want to play them for the Chicago Bears and retire a lifelong Bear. But they have to want the same thing...

Trying to get public opinion on his side if he goes? Why even respond to things like this? They happen all the time.

Trying to get public opinion on his side if he goes? Why even respond to things like this? They happen all the time.

I think, as any new regime should do, they are exploring all options. Forte, Im sure, has one good year in him. If they decide to move on from Cutler, they probably stay with him as to lessen the blow to an all ready dysfunctional offense. They remake it with a power running game with Forte as part of the plan to focus on the run.

Reality bites sometimes. We're rebuilding a team and he'll get over it. I can't see anyone trading for him at that salary. It would have to be a deal his agent is in no where a new contract is largely in place before the trade, a contract that drops his cap hit and gives him maybe a 3 yr deal.

Reality bites sometimes. We're rebuilding a team and he'll get over it. I can't see anyone trading for him at that salary. It would have to be a deal his agent is in no where a new contract is largely in place before the trade, a contract that drops his cap hit and gives him maybe a 3 yr deal.

we just cut him, none of his salary will count against the cap

This is really a non-story IMO. Fox & Co. have said they're in the process of evaluating every player and no decisions have been made yet. In other words, everyone is on notice. Forte is saying he wants to be here, but they have to want him here. That really doesn't mean anything.