Ted Ginn Jr released by Cards

madlithuanian

Meh, pass. Mariani was actually better than him last year returning kicks and he's a fairly mediocre WR.

Ginn- 22 returns for 417 yards

Mariani- 20 returns for 510

I think we either stick with Mariani or draft a guy.

Everytime Mariani touches the ball, I feel like there's a good chance he'll be leaving the field on a stretcher. His current style of running is not conducive to longevity.

We could draft a guy, but it's not like we have the depth to be able to draft a guy specifically for the position. We do need a #3 WR and a #3 CB.

Either way, I'd be ok with Ginn.

Everytime Mariani touches the ball, I feel like there's a good chance he'll be leaving the field on a stretcher. His current style of running is not conducive to longevity.

We could draft a guy, but it's not like we have the depth to be able to draft a guy specifically for the position. We do need a #3 WR and a #3 CB.

Either way, I'd be ok with Ginn.

Ted Ginn isn't a #3 WR though. The guy they draft doesnt have to be just a KR, there are guys in the draft who could be better WRs and better returners than Ginn.

No diss to anyones opinion but, Mariani? Why so much love for a bottom of the roster guy who spent a lot of time in the trainers' room prior to coming here. We just had arguably the greatest returnman in NFL history here and Mariani is not even on the same planet.

1. He out produced Ginn, the player we're talking about, last year and 2. Mariani is actually a former pro bowl return man.

Injuries are obviously a concern, but in this discussion of Ginn vs Mariani, I'll take Mariani. That's not to say I wouldn't look for another guy capable of returning though should Mariani get hurt again.

No diss to anyones opinion but, Mariani? Why so much love for a bottom of the roster guy who spent a lot of time in the trainers' room prior to coming here. We just had arguably the greatest returnman in NFL history here and Mariani is not even on the same planet.

Why so much love for Ted Ginn Jr.? I watched a few Cardinals games and saw nothing from him to make me think he's better than Mariani, and in fact I think Mariani is better. That in itself doesn't mean there aren't players better than Mariani.