Arthur Brown

dawhizz

I was trying to think of outside the box ways to improve our defense and thought of Brown. He's a guy a lot of us wanted (and were surprised the Bears didn't take) over Jon Bostic. He hasn't seen the field much for Baltimore, partially because of injuries and partially because he's behind CJ Mosely and Daryl Smith, but he's had two years to absorb the 3-4 in one of the best places you can learn it. Wonder if it's worth calling Baltimore and offering a future pick whose value is dependent on games started/tackles/whatever. It would be interesting to see a young LB corps with Jones/Bostic/Brown/Young with a stud pass-rusher in the draft, Allen and McClellin in the mix, without having to spend money or give up a current asset.

I was trying to think of outside the box ways to improve our defense and thought of Brown. He's a guy a lot of us wanted (and were surprised the Bears didn't take) over Jon Bostic. He hasn't seen the field much for Baltimore, partially because of injuries and partially because he's behind CJ Mosely and Daryl Smith, but he's had two years to absorb the 3-4 in one of the best places you can learn it. Wonder if it's worth calling Baltimore and offering a future pick whose value is dependent on games started/tackles/whatever. It would be interesting to see a young LB corps with Jones/Bostic/Brown/Young with a stud pass-rusher in the draft, Allen and McClellin in the mix, without having to spend money or give up a current asset.

That's a good name, but Ravens are smart business men, no way he leaves cheaply.

I'd trade Forte for Brown everyday of the week.

So you'd trade the backbone of the offense, a good character guy, a pro-bowler, a potential HOFer who produced just last year, and every year in every offense he has seen with the Bears, for a guy who couldn't crack the starting lineup?! :blink:

Unkess it is all about money, that makes almost no sense at all to me. The Bears have LBs on the squad who have proven more on the field than that guy.

So you'd trade the backbone of the offense, a good character guy, a pro-bowler, a potential HOFer who produced just last year, and every year in every offense he has seen with the Bears, for a guy who couldn't crack the starting lineup?! :blink:

Unkess it is all about money, that makes almost no sense at all to me. The Bears have LBs on the squad who have proven more on the field than that guy.

All about his contract, age, and quality at RB in the draft. Forte "produced" because of what the offense became last year. His yards per carry and yards per catch were extremely underwhelming. I know the OL was bad but still, Forte is turning 30 this year and could save the Bears 8M...Here's a chart on RBs after age 27..

Age-vs-Production-Running-Backs-Receiver

I mean you yourself created a thread about trading Forte for a 3R pick.

Arthur Brown was a 2R pick who I still believe is immensely talented. I would gladly take him or a 3rd round pick as I think it's time to move on.

I suggested Forte in the trade but only tongue in cheek. Matt Forte is 30 but has not had the normal wear and tear of most running backs in this league because he takes himself out of games when he feels winded and doesn't take mega hits that often IMO he is the third best back in Bears history behind Walter Payton and Gayle Sayers.It would be great to see him end his career as a Bear like the others did.