AJ Hawk released

madlithuanian

Unless we are targeting a ILB in the draft I say why not kick the tires on this guy for two reasons.He has experience in the scheme the team is switching to and knowledge of their arch-rivals scheme and two who do we have on the roster that is better than he is in the scheme?

Another intriguing situation. Is he a casualty of bringing Peppers over? I know they didn't play the same position but Peppers did flourish in the new scheme. Not that Hawk would too but its still a question to ask...

My gut says 'no' but only because he's got GB cooties on him.

That went out the window for me when guys like Elijah Pitts and Bob Hyland came here from the north and Jim McMahon, Steve McMichael and Anthony Morgon went there.

This franchise just gave 2 years of money to DJ Williams, Lance Briggs and Peanut Tillman for not much play on the field why not take a flyer on this guy who knows the scheme and more importantly the division? Invite him to camp with a non guaranteed deal.

If we're taking a flyer I'd rather do it on a younger player for exactly the reasons you listed. This team needs to get some good young players not older ones who can't make it through a 16 game season.

If we're taking a flyer I'd rather do it on a younger player for exactly the reasons you listed. This team needs to get some good young players not older ones who can't make it through a 16 game season.

I'd pass. We have youth for depth or possible to start. Getting a vet I'd want a baller and Hawk has never lived up to that imo. Plus he came from the hated north.