Your FA Wish List

lemonej

I'm asking everyone to chime in on who you would like the Bears to talk to during the begininng of FA to give you a better idea what type of player they are targeting.

1st Peyton Hillis I think he has Denver ties and he can line up as a FB which I believe was a down fall of the last coaching staff when they thought that they could get the job done on lead blocks with Rosario.

2nd choice is Julius Thomas This is a guy that I think might be what is needed to get the offense back on track because of his redzone capabilities and the fact that with him and Marty B on the field together matchup nightmares.

3rd is Terrance Knighton another Denver Fox tie that just makes sense if you need a guy in the middle to be a leader and anchor your new scheme.

4 Devin McCourty for obvious reasons we have had no presence in the middle of the secondary since Mike Brown lets see what he is asking for.

5 Torrey Smith lets see Marshall, Jeffrey and Smith. That sounds wonderful

6 Mike Iupati I shift Slauson to the RG spot Long to RT and Mills to the bench.

7Randall Cobb no expalanation needed even if it makes GB pay more win win.

8 Jacoby Jones as a returnman and if we need a 5th WR.

9 Jared Odrick an experienced DT that could come in and provide competition at NT and 5 tech.

10 Brandon Flowers if Peanut is Hell bent on trying to play elsewhere then you need a guy in place who can continue to mentor Fuller that has seen a few things in his career.

I really think they are going to target players they are familiar with first (since there would be less of a need for any type of analysis on the player), so DEN, SF, and NO players that fit needs will be obvious choices. I really don't think we will do too much on the offense side of the ball this offseason, at least in free agency. Maybe someone like Mark Ingram at RB, or Eddie Royal at WR. I could see Iupati or Franklin brought in too. I would pass on Hillis, and Julius Thomas is going to command too much money for our blood. Same with Torrey Smith and Randall Cobb. Jacoby Jones could still be useful if he came cheap.

I really think they are going to target players they are familiar with first (since there would be less of a need for any type of analysis on the player), so DEN, SF, and NO players that fit needs will be obvious choices. I really don't think we will do too much on the offense side of the ball this offseason, at least in free agency. Maybe someone like Mark Ingram at RB, or Eddie Royal at WR. I could see Iupati or Franklin brought in too. I would pass on Hillis, and Julius Thomas is going to command too much money for our blood. Same with Torrey Smith and Randall Cobb. Jacoby Jones could still be useful if he came cheap.

Agreed but this is your opp to say who you think they should target I gave only my oppinion. Who I think they should talk too not sign.

I'm asking everyone to chime in on who you would like the Bears to talk to during the begininng of FA to give you a better idea what type of player they are targeting.

1st Peyton Hillis I think he has Denver ties and he can line up as a FB which I believe was a down fall of the last coaching staff when they thought that they could get the job done on lead blocks with Rosario.

2nd choice is Julius Thomas This is a guy that I think might be what is needed to get the offense back on track because of his redzone capabilities and the fact that with him and Marty B on the field together matchup nightmares.

3rd is Terrance Knighton another Denver Fox tie that just makes sense if you need a guy in the middle to be a leader and anchor your new scheme.

4 Devin McCourty for obvious reasons we have had no presence in the middle of the secondary since Mike Brown lets see what he is asking for.

9 Jared Odrick an experienced DT that could come in and provide competition at NT and 5 tech.

10 Brandon Flowers if Peanut is Hell bent on trying to play elsewhere then you need a guy in place who can continue to mentor Fuller that has seen a few things in his career.

My biggest target would be the best safety. Why? Because we have money and the draft is not deep. I expect Pace to target a FS like McCourty first and Rahim Moore would be his backup plan. We can draft a decent RD3 SS and I believe Mundy can be improved with talent around him at FS/LB. My second target would be a 5 tech DE, I don't have any FA names that we could target, but I don't see much talent in the draft here either. TE is the third target, and I seen a guy from Denver the Bears may target. Not Thomas, but Virgil Green. Green was a pass catching prospect, but developed into a great run blocker and should be fairly cheap. Other needs I think are rich in this draft are CB, RB, WR.

My biggest target would be the best safety. Why? Because we have money and the draft is not deep. I expect Pace to target a FS like McCourty first and Rahim Moore would be his backup plan. We can draft a decent RD3 SS and I believe Mundy can be improved with talent around him at FS/LB. My second target would be a 5 tech DE, I don't have any FA names that we could target, but I don't see much talent in the draft here either. TE is the third target, and I seen a guy from Denver the Bears may target. Not Thomas, but Virgil Green. Green was a pass catching prospect, but developed into a great run blocker and should be fairly cheap. Other needs I think are rich in this draft are CB, RB, WR.

I'd agree with most of this. I'd like them to get a solid veteran LB to run the defense. Someone like Patrick Willis or the "other" Brandon Marshall. Someone familar with the style of D we're going to see. Don't know that Bostic, Greene, Jones or SMC are ready for that yet. 1st round should be CB or Safety. Unless our Brandon Marshall or Forte go away then look at drafting a starting WR or RB.

I'd agree with most of this. I'd like them to get a solid veteran LB to run the defense. Someone like Patrick Willis or the "other" Brandon Marshall. Someone familar with the style of D we're going to see. Don't know that Bostic, Greene, Jones or SMC are ready for that yet. 1st round should be CB or Safety. Unless our Brandon Marshall or Forte go away then look at drafting a starting WR or RB.

It would be easy to list the best FA at every position to put on a wish list, but that isnt realistic.

I think there are strengths to the draft that we will look to fill spots with and weaker ones that will we look to bring in FAs

In the draft we will grab a OLB, DE,CB,RB maybe a WR and probably a QB prospect.

so in FAgency:

FS: I think probably a Moore/Den or a Seachy/Balt----McCourty costs to much money.

DE: WE only have one on the team(Houston) so I think Odick fits the bill at a medium cost.

OG: I think Franklin comes in to solidify OL and Long gets moved to OT.

TE: Virgil Green as a backup TE(Bennett starter),Thomas way to expensive

RB: Hill bad idea-age and milage ,Moreno or an Ingram

WR: Smith costs to much, Eddie Royal fills the speed spot-less expensive

LB: Dan Skuta-familiarity with the system and will come cheap.

I need to spend some time on who is available this weekend. For now among your list I can say I'm not interested in Hillis and I think if we want a FB we can either draft one very late (i.e. 7th Rd) or find one UDFA.

On Julius Thomas…I think he'll cost too much and we have Marty B. but adding Virgil Green as others have suggested is a great idea IMO.

Talking with Knighton makes a ton of sense for both sides. He will likely get more money from Oakland.

Wish List

1. Randall Cobb- subtraction from GB while making the Bears better on Offense and SP

2. Mike Iupati - Make two positions better, move Long to Tackle replace with Iupati

3. James Houston- OLB would be huge get but really expensive

4. Rahim Moore- would be a cheap upgrade would love McCourty but not sure if he will hit the free market

so in FAgency:

DE: WE only have one on the team(Houston) so I think Odick fits the bill at a medium cost.

Isn't "Sweet' Willie Young a DE? Or are they thinking he'll be more an OLB? With both he and Houston hurting their knees last year something tells me that one or both may not make the season. Hard to bounce back from knee injuries and Achilles ruptures in their positions.

And what about Dave Bass? He seems to still have potential and has played DE. I know that Allen is a DE but they are projecting him as an OLB.

Isn't "Sweet' Willie Young a DE? Or are they thinking he'll be more an OLB? With both he and Houston hurting their knees last year something tells me that one or both may not make the season. Hard to bounce back from knee injuries and Achilles ruptures in their positions.

And what about Dave Bass? He seems to still have potential and has played DE. I know that Allen is a DE but they are projecting him as an OLB.

Young is listed at 6'4" 251. I think the smallest you might see a 3-4 DE is around 270. 3-4 DEs are basically the 3 techniques we've talked about in the 4-3 for years. Bass is around the same size.

Rat and Ego are both capable at DE, and possibly NT. I think all 3 are best suited outside, so I disagree that Houston is the only guy. I'd say NT is worse off IMO...Though Fox has said he likes Rat there.

As for this thread....Knighton, Culliver, Moore, Green, and Jeremy Parnell are the guys I want

Young is listed at 6'4" 251. I think the smallest you might see a 3-4 DE is around 270. 3-4 DEs are basically the 3 techniques we've talked about in the 4-3 for years. Bass is around the same size.

Rat and Ego are both capable at DE, and possibly NT. I think all 3 are best suited outside, so I disagree that Houston is the only guy. I'd say NT is worse off IMO...Though Fox has said he likes Rat there.

As for this thread....Knighton, Culliver, Moore, Green, and Jeremy Parnell are the guys I want

I think rounds 2-4 is where you find your DL. They need to be big strong guys because they have grunt roles. Very few make the probowl because their biggest role is keeping the lbs clean.

Rat and Ego are our NTs and they might translate to the outside, but doubt it.

Walter football says Ego can play NT and DE in a 3-4, but he is best suited to be a 3T in a 4-3. Sutton, it's hard to see, but he can add weight if needed.

Allegedly one of the reasons that Sutton dropped is because during his last season in college he picked up weight and they felt his production dropped(scouts that is). So we wind up drafting Ferguson with raw potential and Sutton who was a scheme fit dream. Now all that is out the window unless they can coach all these young guys up and play the hybrid of all hbrid 3/4 schemes.

My choices, by type of player I'd like to see the Bears add during the offseason and in order of preference:

- NT - Terrence Knighton, Dan Williams, maybe Barry Cofield. What the Bears do here should inform what they are looking to do in the draft. If they add Knighton or Williams, I think you have your NT starter for the foreseeable future and Shelton is an unlikely pick. If they opt for a stop-gap/veteran like Cofield, that suggests Shelton is more in play.

- LB with 3-4 experience - Brian Orakpo, David Harris, Brooks Reed, O'Brien Schofield - I'd like to see at least one veteran LB with 3-4 experience who has had success in the past to help with the transition. Harris makes sense from a leadership standpoint, but I'd like to see if Orakpo can regain some of his past effectiveness.

- CB - Kareem Jackson, Perrish Cox - Notwithstanding the resigning of Louis-Jean and Hurst, we need some more talent at CB beside Fuller (I'm not convinced Jennings won't be cut at some point). Cox did well with Fangio's defense last year.

- S - Rahim Moore, Da'Norris Searcy - A young safety would is good would be nice.

While I don't consider it a big need, I'd want to look into versatile O-linemen (someone like Orlando Franklin would be a godsend) and a veteran speed WR with some return experience (Harry Douglas, Jacoby Jones).

My choices, by type of player I'd like to see the Bears add during the offseason and in order of preference:

- NT - Terrence Knighton, Dan Williams, maybe Barry Cofield. What the Bears do here should inform what they are looking to do in the draft. If they add Knighton or Williams, I think you have your NT starter for the foreseeable future and Shelton is an unlikely pick. If they opt for a stop-gap/veteran like Cofield, that suggests Shelton is more in play.

- LB with 3-4 experience - Brian Orakpo, David Harris, Brooks Reed, O'Brien Schofield - I'd like to see at least one veteran LB with 3-4 experience who has had success in the past to help with the transition. Harris makes sense from a leadership standpoint, but I'd like to see if Orakpo can regain some of his past effectiveness.

- CB - Kareem Jackson, Perrish Cox - Notwithstanding the resigning of Louis-Jean and Hurst, we need some more talent at CB beside Fuller (I'm not convinced Jennings won't be cut at some point). Cox did well with Fangio's defense last year.

- S - Rahim Moore, Da'Norris Searcy - A young safety would is good would be nice.

While I don't consider it a big need, I'd want to look into versatile O-linemen (someone like Orlando Franklin would be a godsend) and a veteran speed WR with some return experience (Harry Douglas, Jacoby Jones).

Those are all good names. The only big contract I would like to see is Randall Cobb. Not likely but adds a whole different dimension to our offense and weakens GB.

Other wise I would like to see Moore/FS, Cox/CB, Odrick/DE,and would love to get Franklin to pair with Long to anchor our OL for years to come.