McCown to Bills

adam

Eh, if they really think they should move on from Cutler it shouldn't just be McCown or a draft pick.

To me anyway, I'd much rather go with a guy like Jake Locker anyway. I think Matt Moore is better than McCown if they wanna go older game manager type. Ryan Mallett could potentially offer more upside than McCown (and probablt every QB not named Jameis or Marcus in the draft). I think if Hoyer wasn't throwing to midgets all year he'd be a better QB than Josh. Hell I'd probably even take the Sanchize over Josh.

All that said I think Jay probably stays, and I'm fine with that.

Eh, if they really think they should move on from Cutler it shouldn't just be McCown or a draft pick.

To me anyway, I'd much rather go with a guy like Jake Locker anyway. I think Matt Moore is better than McCown if they wanna go older game manager type. Ryan Mallett could potentially offer more upside than McCown (and probablt every QB not named Jameis or Marcus in the draft). I think if Hoyer wasn't throwing to midgets all year he'd be a better QB than Josh. Hell I'd probably even take the Sanchize over Josh.

All that said I think Jay probably stays, and I'm fine with that.

Yup.

I think it's been Cutler all along. Fox and company have been doing their level best to discretely tear Cutler's ego down/humble him. You have to do that with smart stubborn people sometime. I wish we had better options because I'm simply tired of the roller coaster and like my leaders to be vocal and encouraging.

uhh.... just emphasize a capital NO!! this guy is beyond bad.

And I'm of the opinion that so is Josh McCown.

I think Josh is more of what we saw in Tampa then what we saw against a bunch of bad defenses in Chicago.

McCown last year- 11 games 56% comp% 3.4 TD% 4.3 INT% 70.4 Passer Rating 35.71 QBR

Sanchez- 9 games 64% comp% 4.5 TD% 3.6 INT% 88.4 Passer Rating 58.3 QBR

I don't want either, but if I had to choose I'd probably take Sanchez.

I know I'm one of the few guys here that are down on McCown, but I don't think it's crazy at all to think that he's more Tampa Josh than Bears Josh. Esp. when you consider before the 2013 season, what he did in Tampa was pretty much the norm.

In his 44 starts not including the ones in Chicago, Josh has a 4.0 INT%.

Before I get into this, if the team decides Cutler is our best option I'm ok with that and I've long said that just cutting to get him off the roster is a bad move when there is so little talent available to replace him.

Every now and then I hear that Tenn still has interest in Cutler. The question then would what is the deal? I'd give them Cutler, #7 and take their #2 and then draft Mariota. I think Mariota will be that good in a few years. Not saying he'll be elite, nobody can ever predict that, but his floor IMO is top 15 but most likely he'll end up a top 10 QB without the Cutler mistakes. That is the hardest piece of the puzzle to find on an NFL roster and if the opportunity is there you go for it.

I watched the Michigan St. game where he was under pressure the entire game and he shows good decision making often taking the sack rather than risking a bad pass, and no fumbles. You see can him go through progressions and if he forces a ball into a tight area he puts it away from the defender where it can't be intercepted. It might not be caught but it definitely won't be intercepted. He's very accurate hitting guys in stride but can make plays on the run like Romo makes… but without the INTs. I've watched a lot of Oregon football games over the last 20 years and their QBs are usually 1 read and run players. Mariota is different.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/marcus-mar...-state-2014-2/-