Brian Hartline?

adam

It is pretty funny when they talk about a drop in production, but the guy had half as many targets as he had the two years prior. So of course his receptions and yardage would be down. Every WR on Miami had a down year (maybe the QB's fault or the game plan?). Funny that they cut Hartline and Gibson, are looking to trade Wallace but are keeping Jarvis Landry and his 9.0 yds/rec which is less than their TEs (Clay/Sims). Hartline seems like a durable possession guy.

He's probably better than our #4/5 WRs last year so he might be worth a look there but if he's looking to get back into a top 3 role on a team I'd say no. I really want to add some speed to our offense. Between Forte, Bennett, Marshall, Jeffrey, and Wilson, we have no real speed threat.

He's probably better than our #4/5 WRs last year so he might be worth a look there but if he's looking to get back into a top 3 role on a team I'd say no. I really want to add some speed to our offense. Between Forte, Bennett, Marshall, Jeffrey, and Wilson, we have no real speed threat.

Yup

We also don't have a true possession WR either. If BMarsh is gone, I would like to have both a speedy WR to stretch the field, and a possession guy with great hands that runs precise routes.

Tecnically and realisticly both Marshall and Jeffrey are " Possession WRs" the difference between them and Hartline is size.n We need a slot guy who can stretch the defense if both the current WRs remain on the team and a tremendous upgrade by someone else on the current roster if we are going to avoid drafting another guy to develop.

Tecnically and realisticly both Marshall and Jeffrey are " Possession WRs" the difference between them and Hartline is size.n We need a slot guy who can stretch the defense if both the current WRs remain on the team and a tremendous upgrade by someone else on the current roster if we are going to avoid drafting another guy to develop.

Is there a big difference in size, while BM and AJ are heavier than Hartline, they are 6-3 and 6-4. Hartline is listed at 6-2, 200. Considering he's a white guy drafted in the 4th round, I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that Hartline does not have elite speed. That makes him a better version of Earl Bennett.

Don't get me wrong, we need a #3 WR. But ideally we have a guy who is a speed guy who can stretch the field.

Is there a big difference in size, while BM and AJ are heavier than Hartline, they are 6-3 and 6-4. Hartline is listed at 6-2, 200. Considering he's a white guy drafted in the 4th round, I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that Hartline does not have elite speed. That makes him a better version of Earl Bennett.

Don't get me wrong, we need a #3 WR. But ideally we have a guy who is a speed guy who can stretch the field.

As somebody suggested, if BM goes, we could use a speed guy as a #2 and still grab a slot WR, someone like Beasley from Dallas.

As somebody suggested, if BM goes, we could use a speed guy as a #2 and still grab a slot WR, someone like Beasley from Dallas.

If BM goes (and while I could be wrong, I get the impression that it's a forgone conclusion) Brian Hartline makes a ton of sense. And we need to draft a guy or two and sign a guy or two. Last season we had no #3 WR on the roster.

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk · 1 hour ago

Brian Hartline visits Bears on Wednesday, hopes to pick a new team within 24 hours http://wp.me/p14QSB-9IGu

Brian Hartline hopes to make a decision in the next 24 hours, per source. He has visited the Browns and will visit the Bears.

Has ties to Marshall in Miami, but is a Canton native and played at Ohio State. I would assume he is leaning towards Cleveland with their void at WR and his roots.

Interesting. Bears would give him a better chance at winning, Browns would give him a chance to play near his hometown. Question is, what's more important to him.

If he signs here I'd guess B is a goner, though I suppose B, Alshon, Hartline could work in D. Thomas, Erik Decker, Wes Welker sort of dynamic. I'd prefer what Gase had last year in a Thomas/Welker/Emmanuel Sanders dynamic though.

Interesting. Bears would give him a better chance at winning, Browns would give him a chance to play near his hometown. Question is, what's more important to him.

If he signs here I'd guess B is a goner, though I suppose B, Alshon, Hartline could work in D. Thomas, Erik Decker, Wes Welker sort of dynamic. I'd prefer what Gase had last year in a Thomas/Welker/Emmanuel Sanders dynamic though.

I think, as always it comes down to money and years .

If BM goes (and while I could be wrong, I get the impression that it's a forgone conclusion) Brian Hartline makes a ton of sense. And we need to draft a guy or two and sign a guy or two. Last season we had no #3 WR on the roster.

Agreed. I think the Bears should probably make the move to get something for BMarsh while they can. Hartline isn't BMarsh, but it just pushes Alshon more into the limelight as the #1. Then pick up a speedy guy or a Edelman type and the WRs are set.

Signing Hartline would make it a lot easier to move Marshall (if that was the plan). Just clearing Marshall's $9.5, we could easily sign Hartline and probably someone like Royal for the slot, and still have cap space left.

Signing Hartline would make it a lot easier to move Marshall (if that was the plan). Just clearing Marshall's $9.5, we could easily sign Hartline and probably someone like Royal for the slot, and still have cap space left.

this all could fall together quite nicely.

this all could fall together quite nicely.

Yeah, essentially the Bears could get an extra 3rd or 4th round pick, sign Hartline and Royal, and still have some cap space left. Jeffery/Hartline/Royal would be a pretty good 1-2-3.

So much for making a decision in 24 hours....Perhaps waiting to see what Bears do with Marshall?

PFT reports Hartline is visiting Houston today and that the Patriots have interest. They also reported that Hartline is best used as a #3 WR. The Bears problem is that if we dump BM and sign Hartline, we have no #3 or #4 WR. We just have a lot of work to do.

Hartline is signing with the Browns.

Still think the draft is where we'll get our #2, and we sign/draft a lesser guy to compete with Wilson for #3.

2/$6 is a pretty good deal for the Browns, also sets the bar lower than I expected. Royal or Britt could be had for a similar deal.

Still think the draft is where we'll get our #2, and we sign/draft a lesser guy to compete with Wilson for #3.

Dang. Two years, six million. That ain't much. The Bears must have really lowballed him. I can't imagine any WR wanting to go to the mess in Cleveland to catch balls from Johnny Jackass as Cade McCown. It took him a few days to think about it.

Dang. Two years, six million. That ain't much. The Bears must have really lowballed him. I can't imagine any WR wanting to go to the mess in Cleveland to catch balls from Johnny Jackass as Cade McCown. It took him a few days to think about it.