Andre Johnson

Alaskan Grizzly

Why? He's been less productive than BM on an offense and would be in a similar situation on the Bears as he has with the Texans (he's taking a backseat to a younger WR), which is why he's leaving the Texans in the first place.

Johnsons cap hit is nearly 7 million dollars higher than B (9.5 vs 16.1). I know the supposed idea of getting rid of B is because he's a "Cancer", but it should also mean saving some cap space.

I say pass on adding a guy 3 years older, 6.6 million dollars more expensive, and probably the worse player of the 2.

MAYBE if he's cut, but he still probably gets more on the open market than what I would want the Bears paying a 34 year old WR.

There was a recent article in 'Sports World Report' that quickly mentioned trade possibilities with teams to include Oakland. Tennessee and Houston. The article reminded us that no one on the team has been given any guarantees for the new season, to include Cutler, Marshall and Forte. Could it be possible a multi-team trade might be in the works? Or a package deal with Cutler and BMarsh going to a team like Houston or Tennessee in exchange for draft picks/players?

I wouldn't be so dismissive of someone like Johnson. He's managed to be a Pro Bowl player with the likes of Schaub, Fitzpatrick and Case Keenum. Of course so too has Marshall with Cutler, so there is that.

I don't personally want for Marshall (or Forte) to go but the way things sound it looks like it is a definite probability. It would be good to have a proven veteran on the offensive roster to help out. He probably would be relegated to #2 with AJ going as the #1 but he'd have to understand going in that would be the deal. More than likely he's going to hear that wherever he goes.

Allegedly wants out of Houston. Asking for a trade. Should the Bears?

The Bears need to get younger at all cost not trade for another aging WR who is not as good as the aging WR we have.

Johnson and Marshal are the same type of WR, big tall possession type of WR's just like Alshon.

If the Bears were to unload BM , I would want a Randall Cobb type of WR. Smaller, faster, stretch the field type of guy.

Johnsons cap hit is nearly 7 million dollars higher than B (9.5 vs 16.1). I know the supposed idea of getting rid of B is because he's a "Cancer", but it should also mean saving some cap space.

I say pass on adding a guy 3 years older, 6.6 million dollars more expensive, and probably the worse player of the 2.

MAYBE if he's cut, but he still probably gets more on the open market than what I would want the Bears paying a 34 year old WR.

not sure how the cap works but if the bears traded for him and restructured the deal would it change the cap hit?

not that i want him, just asking

not sure how the cap works but if the bears traded for him and restructured the deal would it change the cap hit?

not that i want him, just asking

Sure the Bears could restructure after a trade (but only if Johnson allowed it). Essentially, you get the contract as is and are obligated the same way the original team was. Sure you could work out some sort of extension or restructuring, but all the restructuring would do is reduce the cap hit this year and increase it in the following years (kicking the can down the road). Some teams do it the other way and front load most of the deal (if they have cap space) and then they have lighter years near the end with very little dead money.

In regards to Johnson, he seems to be more of a diva than BMarsh. I'll pass.

Yep. And I'll add, that if we get rid of BM, we do it with the intent of of AJ being our #1 WR. At the end of next season he's a free agent, and hopefully we have extended him or even have to franchise him.

I can think of several teams where Johnson would be a great fit. New Englad, St. Louis, and Indy, just to name a few. The Bears are not one of them.

We need to get younger not older, he will go to a contender and try to go out winning a SB. Seahawks,NE,PHIL

Agreed, but you can't not sign older veterans to one year deals just because they are old.

I agree he's not a good fit mainly because Alshon is a big WR and we need a speed guy to offset him. Andre Johnson is not that.