Games people play

Stinger226

Ok all the smart people on here, be the GM: you get one expensive contract 10 mil a year (that means Suh is not on your list)

you get one 6-7 mil contract

3= 3-4 mil contracts

3= 1-2 mil contracts

BE REALISTIC

and then do your draft

FAs: Randall Cobb 10 mil

Orlando Franklin 6 mil

Jared Odrick/DE 4 mil

Rahim Moore/FS 4 mil

Cris Culliver/CB 4 mil

Mark Ingram/RB 2 mil

Nate Irving/ILB 2 mil

Virgil Green/TE 1 mil we pick up extra money by cutting BM

Draft: #1 Mariotta is available and we trade back with ST Louis to #10 and get an extra 3 and 5 WE select Bud Dupree/OLB

#2 Karl Davis/DT/DE Iowa

#3a Anthony Harris/SS/Virg

#3b Ty Montgomery/WR/Stanford

#4 Harry Anderson/DE/Stanford

#5 Garret Grayson/QB/CSU

#6 BJ Kinney/C/Kansas State

#7 Josh Crokett/RB/NDS

Offensively we have a QB prospect Grayson

Ingram,Forte and Carey at RB

BM gone so we got Cobb and drafted Montgomery

Green for a backup TE

Franklin and a center prospect in Kinney

defensively we have Davis and Anderson, Ordick for the line.

LBs Irving and Dupree

CB Culliver

Ss Moore and Harris

Your turn

I don't consider myself among the smart people but here's where I'd go in FA. First off, though I tried to do some research I have no idea where to go to assess the market value for these players so it's a bit of a crap shoot. The draft is very weak in positions we need help with like Safety and ILB. So we go at those two positions in FA and take what the draft says we should take.

FS: Devin McCourty $9 mil/yr (add the leadership on the backend of the defense that we haven't had since Mike Brown)

SS: Rahim Moore $5mil/yr (and just like that I fixed the safety position)

DT: Dan Williams $4 mil/yr run stuffing anchor for our new 3-4 D, let Paea walk in FA

ILB: David Harris $4 mil/yr Leadership for the 3-4 LB corps that we need.

TE: Virgil Green $1 mil/yr signing Zach Miller proves the Bears want a move TE on the roster so they bring in Green to compete for the spot. Green reportedly is a good blocker as well.

CB: Patrick Robinson. $3 mil/yr I'd like to bring in Buster Skrine to play the slot and/or backup the outside position but he's going to get a big contract that we likely can't afford. Culliver makes a lot of sense here too given the connections to Fangio but he has some legal issues that have yet to be decided. I think Pace will prefer to stay away from that media circus in his first year especially on a large contract like the one Culliver will get. I still like Jennings although he clearly didn't like playing last year in Tucker's defense. I like Al Louis-Jean as a player to develop. We give Jennings one more year to show his worth before we move on. Pace brings in a former Saint's 1st Rd pick to add competition with ALJ to take over the starting job in 2016.

That's $26mil in FA contracts, leaves room for rookie deals. I'm open to trading Brandon Marshall for a 3rd Rd pick too but less than that and he stays around. I said it before but Marshall is one of the best blocking WRs in the league and I want to run the football this year. If I did that trade I'd be taking another WR in Rd 3 but I don't think that would change the rest of my picks. Our WR depth last year was horrible. My Rd 4 and 6 players have the ability to develop into contributors on offense down the road but for now both are excellent on special teams and we need leadership there after Emery and Trestman let that decline.

Draft…..

Rd 1 OLB Randy Gregory Makes plays all over the field.

Rd 2 OT TJ Clemmings he drops due to concerns over his inconsistency and Pace takes BPA. Clemmings starts at RT over Mills but is our LT of the future.

Rd 3 ILB Denzel Perryman his slow forty time has him there for us in Rd 3. Instinctive player who knows how to get to the ball and let's players know when he arrives.

Rd 4 WR Kenny Bell fast quick inside receiver, plays special teams both on coverage and can return kicks, blocks well, excellent locker room leader, just what the coach wants late in the draft.

Rd 6 RB Karlos Williams big fast back but lacks instincts as he was a converted safety in college. With just 2 years as a RB he needs time to develop as a runner but has potential. While he learns how to be a RB in the NFL he already is an outstanding special teams player and that gets him a roster spot.

Rd 7 OC Greg Mancz Great leadership, work ethic, how often do you see a C win league MVP honors? Coming off a knee injury so he's available late or UDFA but we take him here. Needs a year in the weight room to hit his potential but already is a sound technician as a blocker for both run and pass and he takes over for Garza in 2016.

I don't consider myself among the smart people but here's where I'd go in FA. First off, though I tried to do some research I have no idea where to go to assess the market value for these players so it's a bit of a crap shoot. The draft is very weak in positions we need help with like Safety and ILB. So we go at those two positions in FA and take what the draft says we should take.

FS: Devin McCourty $9 mil/yr (add the leadership on the backend of the defense that we haven't had since Mike Brown)

SS: Rahim Moore $5mil/yr (and just like that I fixed the safety position)

DT: Dan Williams $4 mil/yr run stuffing anchor for our new 3-4 D, let Paea walk in FA

ILB: David Harris $4 mil/yr Leadership for the 3-4 LB corps that we need.

TE: Virgil Green $1 mil/yr signing Zach Miller proves the Bears want a move TE on the roster so they bring in Green to compete for the spot. Green reportedly is a good blocker as well.

CB: Patrick Robinson. $3 mil/yr I'd like to bring in Buster Skrine to play the slot and/or backup the outside position but he's going to get a big contract that we likely can't afford. Culliver makes a lot of sense here too given the connections to Fangio but he has some legal issues that have yet to be decided. I think Pace will prefer to stay away from that media circus in his first year especially on a large contract like the one Culliver will get. I still like Jennings although he clearly didn't like playing last year in Tucker's defense. I like Al Louis-Jean as a player to develop. We give Jennings one more year to show his worth before we move on. Pace brings in a former Saint's 1st Rd pick to add competition with ALJ to take over the starting job in 2016.

That's $26mil in FA contracts, leaves room for rookie deals. I'm open to trading Brandon Marshall for a 3rd Rd pick too but less than that and he stays around. I said it before but Marshall is one of the best blocking WRs in the league and I want to run the football this year. If I did that trade I'd be taking another WR in Rd 3 but I don't think that would change the rest of my picks. Our WR depth last year was horrible. My Rd 4 and 6 players have the ability to develop into contributors on offense down the road but for now both are excellent on special teams and we need leadership there after Emery and Trestman let that decline.

Draft…..

Rd 1 OLB Randy Gregory Makes plays all over the field.

Rd 2 OT TJ Clemmings he drops due to concerns over his inconsistency and Pace takes BPA. Clemmings starts at RT over Mills but is our LT of the future.

Rd 3 ILB Denzel Perryman his slow forty time has him there for us in Rd 3. Instinctive player who knows how to get to the ball and let's players know when he arrives.

Rd 4 WR Kenny Bell fast quick inside receiver, plays special teams both on coverage and can return kicks, blocks well, excellent locker room leader, just what the coach wants late in the draft.

Rd 6 RB Karlos Williams big fast back but lacks instincts as he was a converted safety in college. With just 2 years as a RB he needs time to develop as a runner but has potential. While he learns how to be a RB in the NFL he already is an outstanding special teams player and that gets him a roster spot.

Rd 7 OC Greg Mancz Great leadership, work ethic, how often do you see a C win league MVP honors? Coming off a knee injury so he's available late or UDFA but we take him here. Needs a year in the weight room to hit his potential but already is a sound technician as a blocker for both run and pass and he takes over for Garza in 2016.

you wrecked my whole post, I forgot the rookie pool money,(see you are one of the smart ones)Im not