Bradford for Cutler straight up

adam

2012 Stats

Bradford - 82.6 QB Rating, 59.5 Comp%, 3702 Yards, 21 TD, 13 INT

Cutler - 81.3 QB Rating, 58.8 Comp%, 3033 Yards, 19 TD, 14 INT

2015 Cap Hit:

Bradford - $16,580,000 ($3,595,000 dead money)

Cutler - $16,500,000 ($19,500,000 dead money)

Would you even consider something like this? We get a serviceable QB that at least showed signs of putting it together, except for the injuries. We would get cap flexibility since it is the last year of his contract. We always could cut him later and only take a $3.5 cap hit. If he looks legit, extend his contract and cut the cap hit in half.

2012 Stats

2015 Cap Hit:

Would you even consider something like this? We get a serviceable QB that at least showed signs of putting it together, except for the injuries. We would get cap flexibility since it is the last year of his contract. We always could cut him later and only take a $3.5 cap hit. If he looks legit, extend his contract and cut the cap hit in half.

If it was just age, talent, and Cutler's contract alone, then I would make the trade in a heart beat.

The 2 major problems with Bradford is the injuries and it's the last year of his deal. The Bears can't really redo his contract with a trade to secure more years, because his body may not hold up, and if they don't he could walk away after next year or demand the ever growing QB franchise tag.

I still think Cutler could pull some decent trade value, so I'd like the Bears to do some extensive research in Bradford's health before pulling the trigger.

Yes.

Isn't Bradford younger and not a bad rep?

2012 Stats

2015 Cap Hit:

Yes.

Isn't Bradford younger and not a bad rep?

They hate him in St. Louis. Last offseason, Rams fans and the St. Louis media were clamoring for the team to draft Bortles, Bridgewater, or Johnny ass-clown at the #2 spot. Instead they opted to draft OT Greg Robinson with the #2 pick with the intent of keeping Bradford healthy. Instead he blew out his knee in a pre-season game.

Bradford always seems to be hurt and hasn't done much with no big wins on the resume. Rams fans would take Cutler over Bradford.

If there was a trade partner, and one looking for equitable cap hits, this seems like the most logical destination. Other teams would have to trade draft picks and take on a large cap hit which I think is the biggest drawback.

I know its hard to due but we need to look to the future, not a broke QB with little good history.

Who are you talking about? Palmer? I have zero interest in Carson Palmer. I see him as worse than Cutler and nearly as expensive and so do the Cards fan I talk to at work. I have little interest in a trade for Bradford. I'd stick with the Devil I know and work on finding a long term solution via the draft. Now if Bradford renegotiated with us as part of the trade at a very low cap hit say $8mil/yr with incentives to $10mil/yr I'd make the deal only because I'd take the extra cap space but I'd still keep looking for the long term solution via the draft.