MJD Retires

adam

The RB wall is real. These guys take the most beating on a football field IMO.

Forte might have a some life left in him because he's a bigger back (MJD was 5'7"). I could go either way on keeping Forte, but I think this should be his last year as a feature back. Too much evidence out there suggesting that backs his age are due to slow down.

The RB wall is real. These guys take the most beating on a football field IMO.

Forte might have a some life left in him because he's a bigger back (MJD was 5'7"). I could go either way on keeping Forte, but I think this should be his last year as a feature back. Too much evidence out there suggesting that backs his age are due to slow down.

There is something to be said about a between the tackle runner (like MJD) versus a more overall field runner (Forte). Forte isn't really a North/South style runner but more elusive and edge runner. The fact he catches a lot out of the backfield helps to, not as much impact and continue running style. Most of his tackles are glancing blows or from behind whereas players like MJD were hit from all angles, numerous times. Marshawn Lynch I suspect will hit that wall soon too. Since we're looking at him Mark Ingram is another North/South style runner.

Walter Payton managed to go 12 years and still looked strong until his retirement. A lot of that was due to his conditioning and elusiveness. Forte recently added hill running to his regimen which could help prolong his career.