Briggs informed he will not be back

adam

http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/source-lan...turn-bears-2015

They just made it official. Now I am waiting for Briggs response. He really fell off the last two years and was part of the declining defense.

This is very early morning news so it was done last night. The fact he hasn't done something already indicates he'll take the high road.

The media circus is largely centered around Marshall being a bad influence in the locker room, and I think that is over-rated for a guy who invited so many offensive players down to his place to train last summer. I think Briggs was far worse starting with him coming to camp out of shape, sleeping through meetings, and otherwise not giving a damn about the team. Tell me which of the young LBs he helped in the offseason? Every GM out there knows all this too. If Briggs has any desire to add one more year on his career, and he says he does, being a malcontent with the Bears cutting him after all these years (and all that money) is not going to help him land a spot with a new team. He knows Urlacher never got another offer after he left too so that's on his mind as well. Then again this is Briggs we're talking about so we'll see.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out, Lance. You were a helluva player for us but you're an awful human being. I hope you find your way but I'm not banking on it. I see Lance being in jail someday in the near future. I hope I'm wrong.

Oh cmon now, that's a little overboard and don't ya think? Did he kick your dog?

I mean dude got fat, opened a restaurant on an Ill advised day, and wasnt a fan of the coaching staff(he wasn'tthe only one). What screams jail, or even has you calling him an awful human being?

I loved prime Briggs, even more than 54 at times, dude was a beast. He's not a fit in Fangios D though, and its time to move on. I wouldnt be surprisedif he hangs around for a year or 2 and still plays relatively well....II'm guessing the Cowboys.

I mean dude got fat, opened a restaurant on an Ill advised day, and wasnt a fan of the coaching staff(he wasn'tthe only one). What screams jail, or even has you calling him an awful human being?

Are you 7 years old? Because if you're older than that you might remember a little more of Brigg's history than that.

Think he will drive his Lambo out of Chicago?

Wont he need a tow truck to get it there? Or at least something to remove it from the impound lot?

This article speaks volumes of the 'younger' more brash Lance. Besides the crash, he was late for training camp and pissed about the Franchise Tag. Ahhh...those were the days!!! :shakehead

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d801e...onecar-accident

Yeah. He's been a classless peckerhead his entire stay with the Bears. Played great next to #54 but won't even get HOF consideration because of his attitude, etc.

Are you serious? In 2013 he got hurt and came back fat. In 2014, he was just bad. He's not HOF consideration because he was good enough to be a pro bowler year after year, but not elite.

He had some bad moments, but for the majority of his time here, he was a great player who busted his ass.

Meh.

The Bears defense, much like its offense, needs speed. They need guys who can run down offensive players and destroy them. They don't need fat LBs who don't cover well and who rarely wrap up. Now, that wouldn't be that bad if he still delivered bombs like he used to, but he doesn't. Give me a team full of young pups who are flying around creating chaos everywhere...especially if it's in a 3-4.

Oh cmon now, that's a little overboard and don't ya think? Did he kick your dog?

I loved prime Briggs, even more than 54 at times, dude was a beast. He's not a fit in Fangios D though, and its time to move on. I wouldnt be surprisedif he hangs around for a year or 2 and still plays relatively well....II'm guessing the Cowboys.

Last year the team need leaders and one we should have looked too was Lance, but what did he do? didnt give a shit, got out of shape, sneak out of the locker room when Marshall started his rants. He's done here and wont be playing anywhere, he just dont care enough to get his act together.