My #1 FA Target

jason

As much as it pains me, I agree with this. Been focusing on a top flier defensive player this whole time but an up and comer rookie WR would be even better...if it worked out. Ala Jefferey.

Still gonna be some talented WRs available in the 2R. Get your top defensive guy in the 1st

I like the second round WRs more than the 2nd round rush LBs, so my preference is to target Fowler/Gregory/Ray/whoever in the first (or may be even trade down a bit), and then look at guys like Strong, Coates, Dorsett, and Smith in the second.

I like the second round WRs more than the 2nd round rush LBs, so my preference is to target Fowler/Gregory/Ray/whoever in the first (or may be even trade down a bit), and then look at guys like Strong, Coates, Dorsett, and Smith in the second.

This draft is deep in WRs , I have read you can get a potential starter in the 3rd or 4th. I would like to see us get Cobb, and then add a good prospect in the draft, and then we have something.

This draft is deep in WRs , I have read you can get a potential starter in the 3rd or 4th. I would like to see us get Cobb, and then add a good prospect in the draft, and then we have something.

I would love Cobb, but I think he priced himself out of our market. Smith should come cheaper

Cobb?

Since you appear to be asking me, I'll answer.

The Bears need speed. I think Smith is faster.

On top of that, I'm not as sold on Cobb as I am on Smith. Cobb produced with Green Bay, where, let's be honest, just about any decent WR can put up stats. They have an incredible QB, a consistent system, and complimentary receivers that draw attention. Meanwhile, Torrey Smith had a pretty good QB, but nowhere near Rodgers. And I can't even think of other Baltimore WRs, so you know Smith was getting the #1 DB every time.

Last, but most important, is money. Cobb will cost a ton. Smith will not.

Yeah, I was looking for your feedback. Thanks

I'd be fine w/ either, but your points add more credence to Smith

Since you appear to be asking me, I'll answer.

The Bears need speed. I think Smith is faster.

On top of that, I'm not as sold on Cobb as I am on Smith. Cobb produced with Green Bay, where, let's be honest, just about any decent WR can put up stats. They have an incredible QB, a consistent system, and complimentary receivers that draw attention. Meanwhile, Torrey Smith had a pretty good QB, but nowhere near Rodgers. And I can't even think of other Baltimore WRs, so you know Smith was getting the #1 DB every time.

Last, but most important, is money. Cobb will cost a ton. Smith will not.

If this is truly a rebuilding year, I wanna see Wilson given another shot. Jeffery/2R pick/Wilson for a year while they use their money to fix the defense. If Wilson doesn't live up to his potential then address the position the following year.

He will get his shot, its a new regime that owes nothing to anybody, but you cant not bring in new players on the hope he turns out good. He may never be a good player, we need options.

Torrey Smith. Great speed, perfect compliment to AJ.

Sign him and the Marshall trade is forgotten fairly quickly.

Dan Durkin reported that Smith's value increased since Cobb is off the market. Smith is the only real "stretch the field" free agent WR available.

We really need to add two starting caliber WR's. One to replace Marshall and one for the #3 spot we were never able to successfully fill last season.

Dan Durkin reported that Smith's value increased since Cobb is off the market. Smith is the only real "stretch the field" free agent WR available.

We really need to add two starting caliber WR's. One to replace Marshall and one for the #3 spot we were never able to successfully fill last season.

If this truly is a rebuilding year, gotta give Wilson another chance IMO. There's still a lot of upside there, again in my opinion.

If this truly is a rebuilding year, gotta give Wilson another chance IMO. There's still a lot of upside there, again in my opinion.

I think he gets a chance like everybody with new coaches, but they will absolutely bring in some speed and competition at the position with Marshall gone.

I think he gets a chance like everybody with new coaches, but they will absolutely bring in some speed and competition at the position with Marshall gone.

Ya, speed is an absolute must. I think we draft that speed guy in the second, then sign a 3rd tier guy to compete with Wilson for the 3 spot. Maybe an older guy like Harry Douglas or Nate Washington

Everything indicates we are going to be major players in free agency. I don't know how you can classify it as a rebuilding year when we plan on winning as many games as possible. If this was a true rebuilding year, we'd be dumping Cutler, Allen, and Forte.

I think we'll definitely give Wilson another chance, although I'm not sure how much we can count on him. He looked damn good in the pre-season before getting hurt. But he did absolutely nothing when he came back. That being said, it's confounding how bad our #3 WR position was. Santurdio Holmes and Josh Morgan were both previously productive WR's. They were in the perfect position of being the #4 option after AJ, BM, and MB. Yet they looked completely lost on the field and did absolutely nothing.