My #1 FA Target

jason

Ya, speed is an absolute must. I think we draft that speed guy in the second, then sign a 3rd tier guy to compete with Wilson for the 3 spot. Maybe an older guy like Harry Douglas or Nate Washington

I wouldn't mind Kenny Britt (26), Eddie Royal (29), Brian Hartline (28), or Hakeem Nicks (27).

Everything indicates we are going to be major players in free agency. I don't know how you can classify it as a rebuilding year when we plan on winning as many games as possible. If this was a true rebuilding year, we'd be dumping Cutler, Allen, and Forte.

I think we'll definitely give Wilson another chance, although I'm not sure how much we can count on him. He looked damn good in the pre-season before getting hurt. But he did absolutely nothing when he came back. That being said, it's confounding how bad our #3 WR position was. Santurdio Holmes and Josh Morgan were both previously productive WR's. They were in the perfect position of being the #4 option after AJ, BM, and MB. Yet they looked completely lost on the field and did absolutely nothing.

Lol its funny you say this because I've been one of the few guys who said this won't be a rebuild. I've been reading too much into tweets from this Aaron Lemming fellow who called this a rebuild.

The thing with the #3 WRs is I don't think they were a big part of Trestmans offense. Even going back to Trestmans offenses in San Fran and Oakland, it was always just his #1, #2, RB, and TE who did 95% of the work in the passing game. I think when your rarely called upon that gets you in a funk.

In Gases offense they spread the ball out a bit more, and im excited to see if Wilson can develop into the player people are forgetting he could be.

Nicks is a possession type player but the other 3 are all good names

Yeah all 3 are also 4.5 or faster. Britt to me is sort of a sleeper because he has had some bad QB situations, and is still young. Royal would fill the slot need, and Hartline would be my 3rd choice, but I would be ok any of those 3.

Nicks is a possession type player but the other 3 are all good names

Nicks has been decimated by injuries. While he's young, I think his career is coming to a close.

I expect an announcement from Hartline today or tomorrow. He's visited a few teams and there are offers on the table. His value is not going to increase once free agency opens.

Nicks has been decimated by injuries. While he's young, I think his career is coming to a close.

I expect an announcement from Hartline today or tomorrow. He's visited a few teams and there are offers on the table. His value is not going to increase once free agency opens.

I agree, would not mind him here.

I wouldn't mind Kenny Britt (26), Eddie Royal (29), Brian Hartline (28), or Hakeem Nicks (27).

I wouldn't either. Except, the rumors are coming in more and more. Have we been linked to any WR other than Hartline? Smith seems destined for San Fran . . .

Britt is about the same as Nicks as far as I'm concerned (no thanks to both). I'd rather have Nate Washington, who seems like a steady and underrated guy every year.

Britt is about the same as Nicks as far as I'm concerned (no thanks to both). I'd rather have Nate Washington, who seems like a steady and underrated guy every year.

The thing is, we're talking about guys who flourished in the #3 WR role. Then they were asked to do more, and they sucked.

Hopefully we have our alpha-male in Alshon Jefferey. We need to find multiple WR's to complement him.

The thing is, we're talking about guys who flourished in the #3 WR role. Then they were asked to do more, and they sucked.

Hopefully we have our alpha-male in Alshon Jefferey. We need to find multiple WR's to complement him.

Bring in Hartline and then draft a speed guy.

Agreed. One other name worth consideration in that sense is Michael Crabtree.