Shopping with $55 million

AZ54

http://chi.scout.com/story/1524412-bears-h...wn-rebuild?s=25

Marshall is gone and Cutler and Forte are on the trade block and the whole world knows it. Giving away Marshall for a mere 5th RD pick means we want to move on now and we'll just about pay you to take our players and their big contracts away from us. This much cap space puts anyone in FA in play and this is the best FA year in a long time, maybe ever. If you are going to go all in like this to remake a roster now is definitely the time to do it.

Sure would be fun wouldn't it? 55M to spend in the best free agent market in quite some time, and then being able to compliment it with a top 10 draft choice sounds like a whole lotta fun.

and if we got a few more picks from the other trades to either use or move up.

I think Cutler will be back based on the Clausen signing. I may be over thinking it, but I think he is a solid number 2. I can't see him being signed to compete for the starting job. So either the Bears have an early QB to be drafted in their sights that can start year 1, or Cutler is back.

http://chi.scout.com/story/1524412-bears-h...wn-rebuild?s=25

Marshall is gone and Cutler and Forte are on the trade block and the whole world knows it. Giving away Marshall for a mere 5th RD pick means we want to move on now and we'll just about pay you to take our players and their big contracts away from us. This much cap space puts anyone in FA in play and this is the best FA year in a long time, maybe ever. If you are going to go all in like this to remake a roster now is definitely the time to do it.

Im all in on the (burn the house down) line of thinking, but think with the signing of Claussen means we keep Cutler this year. I think if they planned to change QBs, we would have pursued a better option at QB.(bad year for that) Although I can see Forte gone with someone wanting him for like a 3rd, or 4th. We save lots of money and find our RB for the future all with one stroke.

and if we got a few more picks from the other trades to either use or move up.

What would make it all much better is if we had the overall #1 pick in 2016 to have first dibs on the QB. Spend this years money on repairing the oline, TE, S, DLINE. 2015 Draft on playmakers on rd1-Randy Gregory OLB, RD2 Sammie Coates WR, RD3 Tevin Coleman/TJ Yeldin RB for example.

This is the last offseason to get anything for Forte, unless we extend his contract. Since compensatory picks are based on the average salary he signs, his next contract would have to average over $8.2 mil for a 3rd/4th pick, and over $5.7 mil for a 4th/5th. With the devaluing of the position, I could easily see him not hitting either of those thresholds which would only net us a 5th/6th pick.

What would make it all much better is if we had the overall #1 pick in 2016 to have first dibs on the QB. Spend this years money on repairing the oline, TE, S, DLINE. 2015 Draft on playmakers on rd1-Randy Gregory OLB, RD2 Sammie Coates WR, RD3 Tevin Coleman/TJ Yeldin RB for example.

I'd be pretty bummed if they did all that and were the worst team in football...I wouldn't expect them to be great or anything, but last place would make me a sad panda because it probably means those FA acquisitions and draft picks suck.

I'd be pretty bummed if they did all that and were the worst team in football...I wouldn't expect them to be great or anything, but last place would make me a sad panda because it probably means those FA acquisitions and draft picks suck.

I trust Pace and Fox will make this a very good team, but there decisions are going to look to the future not next year. Lets find building blocks for the next couple of years and if that means next year sucks, so be it. They were 5-11 this year, and I think with some new players and good coaching staff, we should make that or beat that, but think we were that bad,we need to look do a complete rebuild and will take more than one year.

I trust Pace and Fox will make this a very good team, but there decisions are going to look to the future not next year. Lets find building blocks for the next couple of years and if that means next year sucks, so be it. They were 5-11 this year, and I think with some new players and good coaching staff, we should make that or beat that, but think we were that bad,we need to look do a complete rebuild and will take more than one year.

If they plan on spending say 30M on new free agents (using the other money to extend AJ and on the draft), they damn well better be better than last place, that's all I'm saying.

This is the last offseason to get anything for Forte, unless we extend his contract. Since compensatory picks are based on the average salary he signs, his next contract would have to average over $8.2 mil for a 3rd/4th pick, and over $5.7 mil for a 4th/5th. With the devaluing of the position, I could easily see him not hitting either of those thresholds which would only net us a 5th/6th pick.

Don't you only get comp pick for losing a player in free agency? I'm probably wrong but let me know. Can you trade players for value and still get comp picks?

If they plan on spending say 30M on new free agents (using the other money to extend AJ and on the draft), they damn well better be better than last place, that's all I'm saying.

So you honestly believe we can make a playoff run next year? Sure if we live in fantasy land, grab McCourty , Suh, Cobb, etc, and have an awesome draft, ta da, SB contender.

We sucked last year and only have a handful of core players, it is going to take 2 to 3 years. That is reality you dont seem to be comfortable with.

We can acquire the #1 pick by other means than by being a last place team. We may have to gear up for that possibility next season. Pace will want to draft a QB eventually that is in the mold of Drew Brees's work ethic. Maybe it can be a later target?

Don't you only get comp pick for losing a player in free agency? I'm probably wrong but let me know. Can you trade players for value and still get comp picks?

Trading does not work. It is only if you make a qualifying offer and the player chooses to part ways. If you do not make an offer, you also get nothing. If we have 30 mil, don't expect to see a comp pick anytime soon.

I would vomit if we get the first pick next year. All that aside, I love your picks!

So you honestly believe we can make a playoff run next year? Sure if we live in fantasy land, grab McCourty , Suh, Cobb, etc, and have an awesome draft, ta da, SB contender.

We sucked last year and only have a handful of core players, it is going to take 2 to 3 years. That is reality you dont seem to be comfortable with.

Uhhh, that's not what I said.

Again, in the situation we're talking about right now where they'd have 55M dollars, I'd be disappointed IF THEY FINISHED LAST.

I already said I don't expect them to be great.

With the right moves, and with the addition of one of the best coaching staffs in the league, I'd be surprised if we weren't at least 6-10, with 7-9 or 8-8 more likely.

Uhhh, that's not what I said.

Again, in the situation we're talking about right now where they'd have 55M dollars, I'd be disappointed IF THEY FINISHED LAST.

I already said I don't expect them to be great.

With the right moves, and with the addition of one of the best coaching staffs in the league, I'd be surprised if we weren't at least 6-10, with 7-9 or 8-8 more likely.

Then we are on the same page. You think we will make a big FA signing, I think we do a bunch of mid level and bargain shopping, we do differ on that.

I would vomit if we get the first pick next year. All that aside, I love your picks!

It would suck. We just need a shot at one of the big 3 QBs in the 2016 draft. I think Cordale Jones has a shot at being #1 overall if he gets to play at Ohio State. Christian Hackleberg and Conner Cook with both go top 10. I want a shot at one of these 3 next year. Getting a top QB in the draft would be the biggest hope building block.

Not a fan of Coates personally. Even in the highlights, he catches with his body almost all the time. I get a real Stephen Hill vibe from him.

Whats wrong with taking Huntley or Petty this year and letting him sit for half a season behind Claussen?

Because they aren't good QBs. Just my opinion but I've never liked Hundley in the last two seasons. Petty doesn't have the arm and might as well stick with Fales (similar skillset) before I take him.

Whats wrong with taking Huntley or Petty this year and letting him sit for half a season behind Claussen?

Why not just trade the 5th round pick we got for BM and get Johnny Football. He was a #1 last year.

I just cringe at drafting QB's. Unless they are a legit top of the line pocket passer like Andrew Luck, it's a damn crap shoot.