Not a shocker, but Conte will not be back

adam

No shocker, but confirmed nonetheless.

https://twitter.com/JenLada/status/574238157841039361

I wonder if Peanut is still in play? Conte not returning makes sense because of his injuries and he will never live down the Randall Cobb touchdown as long as he remains in Chicago. Briggs not returning makes sense because he's old, appeared to mail it in last season, and he's never played in a 3-4 defense.

Peanut has been the consummate teammate, professional, and Chicago Bear. He looked great until he got hurt and we need tons of help in the secondary. It will also be a nice bridge between the old and new regime and the Bears could show they are loyal to the guy who might be the greatest cornerback in Chicago Bears history.

I wonder if Peanut is still in play? Conte not returning makes sense because of his injuries and he will never live down the Randall Cobb touchdown as long as he remains in Chicago. Briggs not returning makes sense because he's old, appeared to mail it in last season, and he's never played in a 3-4 defense.

Peanut has been the consummate teammate, professional, and Chicago Bear. He looked great until he got hurt and we need tons of help in the secondary. It will also be a nice bridge between the old and new regime and the Bears could show they are loyal to the guy who might be the greatest cornerback in Chicago Bears history.

He is the greatest in history and should take his place in Bears lore by signing for one year to continue to mentor Fuller and whoever they draft plus become an ambassador for the team. I was reluctant to give him that title for my fondness for 63 CB Rosey Taylor but Tillman ranks with Gary Fencik in my eyes as the top 2 DBs in my lifetime. Conte might have to follow Hunter Hillenmeyer and now Nick Roach as guys who need to polish up there resumes because of concussion issues.

He is the greatest in history and should take his place in Bears lore by signing for one year to continue to mentor Fuller and whoever they draft plus become an ambassador for the team. I was reluctant to give him that title for my fondness for 63 CB Rosey Taylor but Tillman ranks with Gary Fencik in my eyes as the top 2 DBs in my lifetime. Conte might have to follow Hunter Hillenmeyer and now Nick Roach as guys who need to polish up there resumes because of concussion issues.

I hate the mentoring idea. If signed, Tillman's goal would be to lead by example and to bust his ass to not lose playing time to either of them. Maybe he shares his ball punch technique. that's about it.

Good. Dude has sucked for years.

I wonder how much Lovie will sign him for? LOL

Yeah he is already linked there, Major Wright and Conte getting the Bad News Bears band back together. Enjoy the Cover-0 Tampa.

I hate the mentoring idea. If signed, Tillman's goal would be to lead by example and to bust his ass to not lose playing time to either of them. Maybe he shares his ball punch technique. that's about it.

So you hate the idea of a veteran player teaching a younger player the ins and outs of the game? Thats what he did last year while on the sidelines as well as the year before. I think there is more to playing corner than punching the ball out of someones arms. If signed Tillman's goal should be to stay healthy first and foremost.