New day, new plan

Stinger226

Re making the roster has started and what we know as of this day, my new plan:

QB- one more year for Cutler and not a lot of choices. Claussen , nothing to get excited about, maybe a drafted QB in our future? Grayson/CSU-4th round-maybe can become something one day.

WR-BM gone-Jeffery, a very good #2-Would want to get Cobb and then add Cooper/ with the first round(124 catches-2014) now we have something.

RB- Will make the call of Forte being traded for a 4th round pick-bring in Mark Ingram and draft Duke Johnson as a CJ Spiller type of option in the 3rd.

TE- We have a beast in Bennett- bring in Virgil Green for a #2.

OL- Plan the future now and move Long to LT-Bushrod to RT and bring in Clint Boling as a mid priced FA to play RG-draft a center in the 6th round-BJ Finney

DE- Houston coming off injury is the best fit to be a 3-4 DE-NT is filled with Ratliff and Ferguson-bring in a mid level signing Orlick/Miami-draft Harry Anderson/Stanford

NT -see DE summary

OLB- lots of options on the roster but are they any good? Bring in Skuta, a cheap addition to Fangio defense-draft Harold/Virg in the-2nd round- Young fills the other spot when heath returns. I think David Bass takes a step forward.

ILB- Hope Jones and Bostic take a step forward-bring in Nate Irving an inexpensive option to add to the mix

S-Bring in Searcy and Moore as mid level contracts to upgrade with Mundy and Vereen as the backups

CB- Fuller takes a step forward and Jennings mans the slot corner spot- bring in Perish Cox to be the other corner.

free agents:Ingram-Cobb-Green-Boling-Green on offense

free agents: Orlick-Skuta-Irving-Searcy-Moore-Cox-Skuta on defense

draft: #1 Cooper/WR #1 type WR

#2 Harold/OLB could be a good one

#3 Johnson/RB speed and quickness

#4a Anderson/DE-DT versatile big man

#4b Grayson/QB maybe some day a NFL QB

#5 Ellis McCarthy /NT from UCLA fat guy NT

#6 B J Finney center of the future

#7 Robert Myers/OG Tenn ST

I can dig it....Thought you were on the "We're not signing any high priced free agent" train though. Cobb is just that.

I like what you did, but I'd switch mine up a bit. Give Cobbs money to McCourty. I know I was the guy who brought up Skuta, but I couldn't pass on one of theses OLBs in the draft. So pass on Skuta, draft an OLB in the 1st and WR in the 2R.

Every year I get worked up over a WR in the draft and a few here will vouch for me gushing over Alshon Jeffrey in college and this year its Cooper.When I saw this kid play in a game, I felt I was watching a game changer.This is what the Bears need on both sides of the ball. I was a big Randall Cobb fan when he was coming out of Kentucky and if you can get him after he has cut his teeth great. My enthusiasm is tempered until I see who comes here to talk starting today.That will give us some insight into what direction they are going.It would be hippocritical if in your opening presser you say you believe in building a team through the draft and then you make a big splash in FA. I believe they will try and coach up all the young draftees still on th roster and only sign stop gap type FAs.

I can dig it....Thought you were on the "We're not signing any high priced free agent" train though. Cobb is just that.

I like what you did, but I'd switch mine up a bit. Give Cobbs money to McCourty. I know I was the guy who brought up Skuta, but I couldn't pass on one of theses OLBs in the draft. So pass on Skuta, draft an OLB in the 1st and WR in the 2R.

I couldnt help but dream a little, , we make one significant signing, I guess its who we think makes the most sense. Your draft order makes sense.(thought you liked Harold? you were the first to mention him)

Every year I get worked up over a WR in the draft and a few here will vouch for me gushing over Alshon Jeffrey in college and this year its Cooper.When I saw this kid play in a game, I felt I was watching a game changer.This is what the Bears need on both sides of the ball. I was a big Randall Cobb fan when he was coming out of Kentucky and if you can get him after he has cut his teeth great. My enthusiasm is tempered until I see who comes here to talk starting today.That will give us some insight into what direction they are going.It would be hippocritical if in your opening presser you say you believe in building a team through the draft and then you make a big splash in FA. I believe they will try and coach up all the young draftees still on th roster and only sign stop gap type FAs.

NE a team that builds through the draft went out inFA and made a splash signing Revis.

Pace will have to make a splash in FA with how bad the bears are. Will it happen this year or next...... Who knows... But it will happen.

We have money to spend, and we need to add to our core with youth , draft is our future, but remaking the roster thru FA is also part of the plan. As long as we keep getting younger and spend money wisely, Im all in on the new regime. In FA we have to spend so much of our cap, so to think the draft is our only option thats not realistic , Im excited to see what Pace does.

We have money to spend, and we need to add to our core with youth , draft is our future, but remaking the roster thru FA is also part of the plan. As long as we keep getting younger and spend money wisely, Im all in on the new regime. In FA we have to spend so much of our cap, so to think the draft is our only option thats not realistic , Im excited to see what Pace does.

You know I'm not that stupid and I was just refereshing everyone one some of the tidbits that came from the press conference. From this point going forward I'm going to hold on to every word these guys say so I can praise them or bust their chops.

You know I'm not that stupid and I was just refereshing everyone one some of the tidbits that came from the press conference. From this point going forward I'm going to hold on to every word these guys say so I can praise them or bust their chops.

They seem like they know what there doing, but if there plan doesnt work, we can chase them out of town too. Im hoping for the best.

They seem like they know what there doing, but if there plan doesnt work, we can chase them out of town too. Im hoping for the best.

Stinger I generally agree with you on most fronts and thisis no different but, we have been duped so much since Jerry Vanisi was fired that its hard to not have skepticism.

I couldnt help but dream a little, , we make one significant signing, I guess its who we think makes the most sense. Your draft order makes sense.(thought you liked Harold? you were the first to mention him)

I like Harold, but i think there's a pretty sizeable gap between he and Gregory, Beasley, Ray, and Fowler.

I wouldn't hate to see Cooper then Harold at all, but think switching the order makes a tad bit more sense.

I think we look to run the ball more so investing so heavily in the passing game would surprise me a bit. We already have a pro bowl TE and a pro bowl WR.

Something they also said is they'd like to get to the point in free agency that they could go BPA in the draft.

I think they lay a foundation in free agency then build from that in the draft.

Something they also said is they'd like to get to the point in free agency that they could go BPA in the draft.

I think they lay a foundation in free agency then build from that in the draft.

With this recent move just made I believe BPA is going to happen in this draft.

It's hard for me, because I think with both WR and rush LB, I like most all the first round guys and not a lot of later guys. My preference at this point is to trade down a few spots and pick up and extra 3rd and still be in position to get one of the top guys. Right now, my offseason would be:

Sign Hartline and Lance Moore for WR depth. I don't think we can afford Cobb and the other upgrades we need to make.

Like you, sign Moore and Searcy at S (I don't like the safeties in the draft much).

Get a CB who has been good for Fangio in the past. Cox would be fine as would Tarell Brown.

Sign Dan Williams to start at NT

Get one experienced 3-4 LB. Someone like Brooks Reed or O'Brien Schofield.

Draft (trade down to the early teens and pick up an extra 3rd)

1) Vic Beasley, LB, Clemson (or whoever is left)

2) Denzel Perryman, LB, Miami - Leader at ILB. If Jaelen Strong is here, I grab him because I love him, but I don't think he will be.

3a) Nelson Agholar, WR, USC - Can work in the slot or outside and help immediately in the return game.

3b) D'Joun Smith, CB, Florida Atlantic - There's nothing to be excited about behind Fuller.

4) Ladrious Gunter, CB, Miami - See above

5) BJ Finney, C, Kansas State - Big C prospect.

6) Xavier Williams, DT, Northern Iowa - Big DT to spell at NT

7) Donatella Luckett, WR, Harding - Big, fast, physical WR to develop.

I like Harold, but i think there's a pretty sizeable gap between he and Gregory, Beasley, Ray, and Fowler.

I wouldn't hate to see Cooper then Harold at all, but think switching the order makes a tad bit more sense.

I think we look to run the ball more so investing so heavily in the passing game would surprise me a bit. We already have a pro bowl TE and a pro bowl WR.

I think they will run the ball more but will be more of a balanced attack. Of the 4 you named, which one fails? which turns out to be average? and which two are studs?

History tells us this will happen, I think Beasley is the one that fails, Gregory is average and the two studs are Ray and Fowler.

What say you.

I feel like Greg Hardy is coming to Chicago. I have no reason to think that other than the fact that John Fox drafted him.

He has talent, but is he a DE in a 3-4? Think to much trouble follows him. I read where he still might have a suspension coming after being off a year.

I think they will run the ball more but will be more of a balanced attack. Of the 4 you named, which one fails? which turns out to be average? and which two are studs?

History tells us this will happen, I think Beasley is the one that fails, Gregory is average and the two studs are Ray and Fowler.

What say you.

Gregory and Ray are the studs and Fowler and Beasley are average.

What say you.

I think Fowler is the one that busts, and the rest are studs.