Ingram re-signs with Saints

adam

Free Agents are dropping fast by re-signing with their original teams (and not even testing free agency). Kind of odd, but it is definitely going to inflate the market for those left in it. Bad news for us and others with cap space and holes to fill.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/574377096652406784

It's reported he got 4 years 16 million. The Bears were not going to sign him for that much.

It's reported he got 4 years 16 million. The Bears were not going to sign him for that much.

In most cases a lot of players resign with original team unless some one throws big money at them. There home is there, they have friendships established, some people are creatures of habit.

Free Agents are dropping fast by re-signing with their original teams (and not even testing free agency). Kind of odd, but it is definitely going to inflate the market for those left in it. Bad news for us and others with cap space and holes to fill.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/574377096652406784

If you're concerned about RB at least we still have a good one in Forte (for now). But D Murray will be available soon should the need arise. Lol. Besides that a whole lot will shake loose between now and Tuesday and probably right after.

But I'm with whomever said that Safety or CB is where we should be concentrating on FA. Maybe even WR.

In most cases a lot of players resign with original team unless some one throws big money at them. There home is there, they have friendships established, some people are creatures of habit.

I wouldn't say that's true with most cases. We can sit here and say, "Well it was only a million dollars more." Just ask yourself this: What would you do for one million $$$. Especially when you are in your 20's and your at the height of your earning power.

Lots of guys do sacrifice money for situation. We saw it with the Black Unicorn's brother in Seattle. And good for him. He was rewarded with a return trip to the Super Bowl. As opposed to being with the Bears where he would have been rewarded with stupidity.

I wouldn't say that's true with most cases. We can sit here and say, "Well it was only a million dollars more." Just ask yourself this: What would you do for one million $$$. Especially when you are in your 20's and your at the height of your earning power.

Lots of guys do sacrifice money for situation. We saw it with the Black Unicorn's brother in Seattle. And good for him. He was rewarded with a return trip to the Super Bowl. As opposed to being with the Bears where he would have been rewarded with stupidity.

Sometimes guys do take less money to stay with their current team. We all know FA players have their agents test the waters and find out what teams are considering signing him for. It's not a hard and fast contract deal but they'll toss out terms such as "we want to be around 4/15. Bears might say thanks but no thanks. If teams are willing to play in the same neighborhood then they agree to talk on opening day of FA. In this case, Ingram's agent might have found out nobody was that interested in giving him a $20mil deal for 4 years. The Saints may have upped their offer a bit and come in close to what the agent feels is market value and he signs early. The worst thing that can happen to a FA like Igram is that he gets little interest early in FA because his asking price is too high and he sits at home for 2 weeks while all the big money contracts are signed.

If Forte gets the boot, I think Roy Helu is a real underrated back and would love to have him on the Bears splitting carries with Carey and or a rookie.

thats an interesting name,had some success.

Do you think , with us running more this year, we may be having a significant signing in the OL? To strengthen the line that had issues last year?

thats an interesting name,had some success.

Do you think , with us running more this year, we may be having a significant signing in the OL? To strengthen the line that had issues last year?

I think they should, whether it be in the draft or in free agency.

In a perfect world they grab Jeremy Parnell in FA then grab a center in the 3rd or 4th. Parnell would come rather cheap since he was a backup, but he looked real good when he filled in for an injured Doug Free.

I think they should, whether it be in the draft or in free agency.

In a perfect world they grab Jeremy Parnell in FA then grab a center in the 3rd or 4th. Parnell would come rather cheap since he was a backup, but he looked real good when he filled in for an injured Doug Free.

I could be totally wrong but think Long is moving to one of the tackle spots and could bring in a good OG at a reasonable price.