The ugly truth

Stinger226

Many of the big names will be resigned with their old teams(home is there-friends) history tells us that

Many will be priced out of our price range

Pace is so secretive, we have no idea what his plan is, Marshall was the first move, bold with giving up on a pro bowl type WR

Our needs are everything and I think we address every need so we can take BPA in the draft

S McCourty is the gem, may be out of our price range at 10 mil a year

Moore is probably considered next and at a mid level price will have many suitors

Searcy is a good name and could be a possible target

(bargain) Ron Parker/KC last year he played well after starting because of injury -young-94 Ts-12 PBUs-1 Int- has a lot of upside and probably a 2 mil a year player

Q Cuter will be back next year- his contract prohibits a trade and we have no better options- Classen is back and will address a prospect in draft

WR Cobb is gone,bummer but dont think we will be buying a upper level talent here

Hartline is probably the type we will look at but left town without a contract so probably looking for more money-still a chance

Royal has been mentioned will come with some speed and a slot WR- not expensive- under 30

( bargain) Demarius Moore- speed guy- has upside- 741 yards-7 tds two years ago

RB Depends on Forte staying here( I think he is traded or cut) Karey has yet to step up and believe we will be drafting one

Ingram(my guy) is gone

Murray and Forset are out of price range

Moreno is interesting but has an injury history

(bargain) Helu(didnt think of this before scs brought his name up) ( hate to give him credit, actually has good thoughts) that would be a good signing

TE Bennett is a beast so will only be looking for a backup

Green is the logical name but Broncos want him back so odds are against us

(bargain) Ed Dickson- was drafted by Fox and never lived up to expectations-could still become a good player

OL Iupati is the gem probably be to expensive for our need

Franklin would be awesome and has history with Fox

Boling is a very good player and would be a welcome addition

(bargain) Baylock because of age(31) wont be commanding a large contract, could be a Slausson type of signing

DE Hardy has to many issues to bring in and I dont think he is a good fit

Orlick could be the guy as a mid level price

Langford would be a interesting player that has upside

(bargain) Sheard- good player with upside

NT Suh 20 mil a year is to rich

Knighton would be awesome but will command big paycheck

Wilford would be interesting but age is a concern

Dan Williams still is young and a good player

(bargain) Alex Carrington- an interesting prospect with upside

OLB Houston is tagged

Orakpo probably gets a big contract

Worilds has upside but wasnt even a starter in Pitt

McPhee would be a great signing

Reed has some upside at a midlevel price

(bargain) Skuta played for Fangio and is a descent player

ILB Harris is already gone

McClain probably get a big contract

Hawk would be interesting but older with numbered years left

(bargain) Irving is young has history with Fox and has upside

CB Flowers will get a good deal

Maxwell will probably resign with Hawks

Culliver is getting a lot of attention and still could be here

Skine is a good player and is getting a lot of attention

House would be a good name and weaken GB

(bargain) Cox I think he is the one, cheap price history with Fangio

I would be completely happy if we got all the bargain players in FA

Some interesting notes about what Pace and Fox have done recently:

Quick research: During Pace's time with the Saints they did not take a single WR in the first four rounds who failed to break 4.5.

- so Pace wants speed and saw redundancy in the skill sets of BMarsh and Alshon. We are going to get faster, which is needed.

There were two top safeties available last year. One signed with Pace's team, the other with Fox's.

- you can also add SF into the equation as they signed Bethea last off season as well. Those 3 were 3 of the top 5 safeties available in free agency. So I have to assume we sign either McCourty, Moore, or Searcy.

- so Pace wants speed and saw redundancy in the skill sets of BMarsh and Alshon. We are going to get faster, which is needed.

- you can also add SF into the equation as they signed Bethea last off season as well. Those 3 were 3 of the top 5 safeties available in free agency. So I have to assume we sign either McCourty, Moore, or Searcy.

I hope so, dont care which one.

Pace worked for the guy who made the decision. We can't base much on his past.

Pace worked for the guy who made the decision. We can't base much on his past.

I'd add that it may have been been a reaction to Sean Peyton requesting speed. For instance, I don't know that Ryan Pace wanted a 3-4 defense. But he hired the best coach available, who was John Fox. Fox wanted Fangio, a damn good coach, and they wanted a 3-4 defense. Pace will draft players that hopefully fill their needs. It's not about Pace. It's about Fox.