Emery's Giveaways

lemonej

Though I'm reluctantly excepting the switch to a 3/4 since there really is nothing I can do about it except whine, Emery's guaranteed money to Allen,Houston and Young is going to handicap this team when it comes to producing more D-linemen for this scheme.This combined with whatever money is going to the young draft choices makes me wonder how much money do you tie up on a DL?

I'm with you.

Allen is just dessert.

Young has the best upside and there's still some hope for Houston.

To me, Allen is the guy without a home. Houston seems like a good fit at 3-4 DE and I like Young as a possible OLB (and even if not, he has value and his guaranteed money is pretty low, as I recall).

To me, Allen is the guy without a home. Houston seems like a good fit at 3-4 DE and I like Young as a possible OLB (and even if not, he has value and his guaranteed money is pretty low, as I recall).

I agree and believe the Bears should see if they could trade him to say Tampa for a 2016 conditional pick. Houston as well as Ratliff have played in this scheme before so I understand the fit for those 2 but with McPhee coming I wonder how they view Willie Young.

Houston's still a good fit in a 3-4, Young possibly as well, and if they don't think he is then he can be cut to free up 1.8M.

Allen is the only guy I don't really see as fitting, but they could throw in some plays for him as a pass rusher. Perhaps move McPhee down to DE with Allen coming off the edge.

They like Ratliff, Houston is a fit, Ego showed some promise(though I'd like him as a backup who rotates up and down the line), Sutton is around Glen Dorseys size so he could hypothetically fit as depth....That's 4 guys already. Probably wanna go 6 deep on the DL, I'd like a starter and a "5th man" (with ego being the 4th and Sutton being the 6th man on the depth charts).

Houston's still a good fit in a 3-4, Young possibly as well, and if they don't think he is then he can be cut to free up 1.8M.

Allen is the only guy I don't really see as fitting, but they could throw in some plays for him as a pass rusher. Perhaps move McPhee down to DE with Allen coming off the edge.

They like Ratliff, Houston is a fit, Ego showed some promise(though I'd like him as a backup who rotates up and down the line), Sutton is around Glen Dorseys size so he could hypothetically fit as depth....That's 4 guys already. Probably wanna go 6 deep on the DL, I'd like a starter and a "5th man" (with ego being the 4th and Sutton being the 6th man on the depth charts).

Ok I feel that but do you tie up more cap space on the line? Two of the guys we are talking about will not be available for the "Voluntary" veterans mini camp right before the draft and with this being a new staff...?

Though I'm reluctantly excepting the switch to a 3/4 since there really is nothing I can do about it except whine, Emery's guaranteed money to Allen,Houston and Young is going to handicap this team when it comes to producing more D-linemen for this scheme.This combined with whatever money is going to the young draft choices makes me wonder how much money do you tie up on a DL?

They might hamper us this year but starting next year none of them will really hamper us. Also, I can't really blame Emery for Young. That was a really good value signing and it is just unfortunate that he had the injury.

They might hamper us this year but starting next year none of them will really hamper us. Also, I can't really blame Emery for Young. That was a really good value signing and it is just unfortunate that he had the injury.

Agreed and his 10sacks prior to that injury backs that up. My point is that there is a lot of guaranteed money tied up in the DL.

Agreed and his 10sacks prior to that injury backs that up. My point is that there is a lot of guaranteed money tied up in the DL.

Allen's ends after this year and I thought Houston actually doesn't have much guaranteed money left at all (at least from a cap perspective). I thought we could cut Houston for relatively cheap.

Ok I feel that but do you tie up more cap space on the line? Two of the guys we are talking about will not be available for the "Voluntary" veterans mini camp right before the draft and with this being a new staff...?

Houston should be ready (Though I haven't heard anything one way or the other), and there's already some fringe depth behind Young with Washington, Jones, SMC, and Bass.

At this point, depending on what they do at CB, I think i'd like to see them invest in Shelton and a later round pick like Joey Mbu.

Allen's ends after this year and I thought Houston actually doesn't have much guaranteed money left at all (at least from a cap perspective). I thought we could cut Houston for relatively cheap.

With him being injured I'm not sure what they could do and I really don't know about how the CBA and injury settlement works.

From a cap perspective, if they cut Houston with June 1 designation he would save the bears 50k. Next year he could be cut saving 4M.

No doubt he stays this year, if he fails, he's a goner next.

Houston= as long as his injury doesn't negatively affect his play should be able to be used in a number of ways in the 3-4. Not sure what his cap hits and guaranteed money looks like moving fwd. I don't see Houston's money handicapping the Bears at all.

Young and Allen are both best suited for DE in the 4-3. The only reason Allen is still here is his guaranteed money for this year. Next year he will be cut. Im not sure on Youngs number.

Emery swung for the fences last year thinking they were going to be able to make a run at the Playoffs. It sure would be nice not having Allens 12 mill on the books this year. That alone would have put the Bears at 42 mil range in cap space this year.

Houston= as long as his injury doesn't negatively affect his play should be able to be used in a number of ways in the 3-4. Not sure what his cap hits and guaranteed money looks like moving fwd. I don't see Houston's money handicapping the Bears at all.

Young and Allen are both best suited for DE in the 4-3. The only reason Allen is still here is his guaranteed money for this year. Next year he will be cut. Im not sure on Youngs number.

Emery swung for the fences last year thinking they were going to be able to make a run at the Playoffs. It sure would be nice not having Allens 12 mill on the books this year. That alone would have put the Bears at 42 mil range in cap space this year.

Amen you feel my pain! Allen and Houston so far have been swing and a miss on a low and outside pitch that bounce before it got to the palte.