Brandon Browner

Alaskan Grizzly

I don't like him. Just big and physical and that works great if you only need to cover for 2.5 seconds.

Maybe convert to SS?

And AZ he's more a casualty of money. They would like to keep he and Reavis but both will cost too much as is. And they just resigned McCourty. Seattle wants him back. Must be a reason.

Maybe convert to SS?

And AZ he's more a casualty of money. They would like to keep he and Reavis but both will cost too much as is. And they just resigned McCourty. Seattle wants him back. Must be a reason.

Yes, there is a reason, they already have the pieces in place to fit a guy like Browner into their scheme. They can work around his short-comings and benefit from his strengths.

We don't have any pieces in place on defense and so I prefer to find guys, young players, that are more versatile in their skill set. Once we get the safeties behind him and the pass rush in front of him to cover up his mistakes then if we want to grab a thumper at CB go ahead and do it. I don't want to take that chance with Brock Vereen back there and Jared Allen getting bear-hugged by a LT.

Yes, there is a reason, they already have the pieces in place to fit a guy like Browner into their scheme. They can work around his short-comings and benefit from his strengths.

We don't have any pieces in place on defense and so I prefer to find guys, young players, that are more versatile in their skill set. Once we get the safeties behind him and the pass rush in front of him to cover up his mistakes then if we want to grab a thumper at CB go ahead and do it. I don't want to take that chance with Brock Vereen back there and Jared Allen getting bear-hugged by a LT.

Two players does not a team make. They have Willie Young and some pretty young LBs with great talent and potential ahead of them. Maybe if they were to add players like Knighton, Moore and draft Beasly or Gregory you'd be better with it?

Two players does not a team make. They have Willie Young and some pretty young LBs with great talent and potential ahead of them. Maybe if they were to add players like Knighton, Moore and draft Beasly or Gregory you'd be better with it?

Not sure we have LBers with great potential, we have already added one LB, will be adding a ILB and probably draft one. Not sure that resonates potential in the current players.

Not sure we have LBers with great potential, we have already added one LB, will be adding a ILB and probably draft one. Not sure that resonates potential in the current players.

We only have Bostic, Greene, SMC, Jones, add Lattimore under contract, so we are adding LBs because we need around 10 on our roster.

If we waited until after the draft to see how the roster shaped up, and how low his price dropped then maybe. I just have doubts we'll get both safety positions were it needs to be this offseason. Guys like Earl Thomas or McCourty can give you a lot of flexibility on the backend to take chances like Browner does and we're not likely to get that in FA at this point. Not to mention that in Seattle they didn't worry much about covering over the top on Sherman's guy so they could lean toward the other side of the field. NE had Revis in that role. We have?

I really don't see Willie Young transitioning well to an OLB role. He never had that flexibility to move well in space that I can recall and he's coming off an achilles injury that athletes say is one of the hardest to recover from and takes away a lot of your explosiveness on that leg. Having Gregory and McPhee is a good start to the OLB role and we'd have Washington, SMC, and maybe Jones (is he ILB or OLB?) competing for a spot as well.