Eddie Royal signed (official)

scs787

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBCdianna/status...390270381916162

Could this be manpanion part 2? Since it didn't work out with Brandon maybe it will with Eddie?

Yup.... Gase and Cutler are buddies, Cutler openly wanted to work with the QB coach in the past, and now probably Royal....Shocked there aren't people saying they're catering to Jay, in fact I've heard just the opposite.

Yup.... Gase and Cutler are buddies, Cutler openly wanted to work with the QB coach in the past, and now probably Royal....Shocked there aren't people saying they're catering to Jay, in fact I've heard just the opposite.

I actually don't see this as a catering to Jay. More of a need regardless if Jay was there. Most here, yourself included, said we'd benefit from having a decent SR and Royal is a decent one. Hell maybe he (Royal) would like to work with Brees too? :pray

* Edit: Another interesting item in this is that Fox would have firsthand knowledge of him being he has played for SD these last few years.

I actually don't see this as a catering to Jay. More of a need regardless if Jay was there. Most here, yourself included, said we'd benefit from having a decent SR and Royal is a decent one. Hell maybe he (Royal) would like to work with Brees too? :pray

I don't remember the thread or the poster, but some listed things like adding Marshall (and other things that were needed) as catering to Jay....I thought it was all very silly.

I'm still hoping he gets cut by Friday, Royal isn't officially signed, so doesn't count as catering yet to me.

I don't remember the thread or the poster, but some listed things like adding Marshall (and other things that were needed) as catering to Jay....I thought it was all very silly.

Well I think there was some catering to Jay in the past; BM, Trestman (the alleged QB whisperer), Cutler wanting and getting QB coach Jeremy Bates. This however I don't see as one of those deals.

Well I think there was some catering to Jay in the past; BM, Trestman (the alleged QB whisperer), Cutler wanting and getting QB coach Jeremy Bates. This however I don't see as one of those deals.

Royal is 28 (29 in May), and would immediately be one of the best slot WR's we've had in a long time.

Brandon Marshall wasn't a need at that time?

I just think the whole "Catering to Jay" thing has always been really silly, and I'm surprised those that thought that aren't making the same "Conspiracy theory" now that we have a coaching staff everyone likes.

I'm glad we aren't hearing it, but I still get a good chuckle out of it.

I just think the whole "Catering to Jay" thing has always been really silly, and I'm surprised those that thought that aren't making the same "Conspiracy theory" now that we have a coaching staff everyone likes.

Olsen would still be on this team if we were catering to Cutler.

Just for the record, when I speak of catering to Jay I'm not talking about bringing in good players to make the offense better. It's a team sport and you need talent across the board to win regardless who your QB is. The catering I didn't like was Emery's non-stop "he's a franchise QB" talk that likely increased Cutler's value before he signed the new contract. Trestman not holding Cutler accountable for his poor play. Trestman didn't hold anyone accountable anyway.

Jay is one of our starters…period and he needs to play like a starter to stay a starter.