What to make of Royal and Rolle not signing

Chitownhustla

They both came in for meetings but have not signed yet...... Are they waiting to see if they can get better deals? I really would like to see Royal sign. Rolle from what his stats look like last year can still be productive so I would be happy with him as well.

Pot Roast from everything I have read is wanting too much money, hoping the Bears can make it work with him as it opens up what they can do draft day.

Any word on Foster at LB???

With the signing of Pernell does that eliminate Brooks from consideration?

My read on Rolle and Royal is that people on Twitter jumped the gun on the signings and created a premature sense that they were going to be Bears. I think they both will sign, likely today. If all we heard was that Royal and Rolle were on their way to Chicago for a visit last night, we wouldn't even be asking what was up. It's just that some lesser known people on twitter are trying to join the arms race for NFL legitimacy and were willing to go on less than concrete information to be the "first to post." I mean, @ChiSportsUpdates reported the Royal signing at like 4:00 yesterday, then again at around 11:00, then whined on twitter about getting credit for the report, then Michael C. Wright said no deal yet half an hour later. We just need to wait and try to separate the legit sources from the wannabes.

My read on Rolle and Royal is that people on Twitter jumped the gun on the signings and created a premature sense that they were going to be Bears. I think they both will sign, likely today. If all we heard was that Royal and Rolle were on their way to Chicago for a visit last night, we wouldn't even be asking what was up. It's just that some lesser known people on twitter are trying to join the arms race for NFL legitimacy and were willing to go on less than concrete information to be the "first to post." I mean, @ChiSportsUpdates reported the Royal signing at like 4:00 yesterday, then again at around 11:00, then whined on twitter about getting credit for the report, then Michael C. Wright said no deal yet half an hour later. We just need to wait and try to separate the legit sources from the wannabes.

That's one perspective and I agree with it. Another side of the story is likely that we're not breaking the bank on these deals. If you toss in Terrance Knighton I think it shows that our new GM has his values set on players and he's not going to be pressured to go way outside those parameters. Players aren't blown away by these offers and want to check the market to see if there is something better. With the switch to 3-4 you could see us diving off the deep end to get a guy like Knighton but we aren't. I like what that means for our cap space down the road.

That's one perspective and I agree with it. Another side of the story is likely that we're not breaking the bank on these deals. If you toss in Terrance Knighton I think it shows that our new GM has his values set on players and he's not going to be pressured to go way outside those parameters. Players aren't blown away by these offers and want to check the market to see if there is something better. With the switch to 3-4 you could see us diving off the deep end to get a guy like Knighton but we aren't. I like what that means for our cap space down the road.

We'll have to seen if that holds true but it could be. I'm not sold on Rolle anyway but as a spot-gap, maybe it's a good signing. We'll see about that too! Lot's of what-ifs playing out right now...

Could just be waiting on a physical to make it official.

Yeah, that is the most likely scenario. Also remember Suh was unofficially signed for a couple of days before actually signing. These things are not necessarily automatic.

Yeah, that is the most likely scenario. Also remember Suh was unofficially signed for a couple of days before actually signing. These things are not necessarily automatic.

I think they expected more money and now are considering if they can get a better contract. havent heard reporting them meeting with any other teams.

Has anybody heard that?