QB Coach at Oregon Pro Day

adam

Due diligence IMO. Front office has already made it clear Cutler is not the long term future of this franchise. If you have a franchise QB available when you pick you always take him. The question is whether or not Mariota is that caliber of QB.

Even if there is no way Chicago would not draft a QB at 7, you have a team rep at the pro day to imply interest so that you may have some leverage draft day in case teams inquire about trading.

If any team wants MM, letting them you think your going to draft him is not a good thing. They will attempt to move in front of you.

If any team wants MM, letting them you think your going to draft him is not a good thing. They will attempt to move in front of you.

Yeah, your right I did not say that quite right after re-reading my post, I should have stated the bears could be trying to create a smoke screen so they get the player they are actually targeting so a team does not jump in front of them.

Yeah, your right I did not say that quite right after re-reading my post, I should have stated the bears could be trying to create a smoke screen so they get the player they are actually targeting so a team does not jump in front of them.

How many Ducks are in the draft this year?

Also, you don't just evaluate players you are interested in, you evaluate ALL players so you can predict what others might do or think, for trades etc.

Imagine if a trade for Cutler came up on draft day with Mariotta there for the taking. Regardless of what you think the right move is, you'd want to have done your homework to KNOW the answer definitively on short notice when the moment arose.

Every team will do homework to see what they think of Mariotta no matter who their QB is. It's part of being thorough.

Also, you don't just evaluate players you are interested in, you evaluate ALL players so you can predict what others might do or think, for trades etc.

Imagine if a trade for Cutler came up on draft day with Mariotta there for the taking. Regardless of what you think the right move is, you'd want to have done your homework to KNOW the answer definitively on short notice when the moment arose.

Every team will do homework to see what they think of Mariotta no matter who their QB is. It's part of being thorough.

Exactly and the draft is in someways like a final exam, you don't know what questions may arise but you want to be prepared so you don't get blindsided and have to "guess" or wing it. You run through as many scenarios as you can so when things don't go exactly to plan your not caught with your pants down. You want to play a high stakes poker game and not tip your hand. It does help us that Pace is a first time GM, the team is in a retooling/rebuilding mode and they haven't committed to much so they are playing things close to the vest. May as well use the ambiguity to our benefit.