Clausen

Alaskan Grizzly

So is it noteworthy that Coach Fox has openly commented on Clausen and both he and Pace committed to re-signing him before they would comment at all on keeping Cutler? I say perhaps. It's definitley worth speculations. http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpos...amp;src=desktop

Cutler will be first string waterboy, raking in 15 plus million to smile while doing it.

He certainly didn't say much positive about Clausen. Then again they haven't said much positive about Cutler.

"Well I think I've seen maturity and growth". "So I've seen a guy that's matured. I watched his one start and a lot of preseason snaps he was involved in and I've seen him grow as a quarterback." and "Obviously, he was a guy that we felt good enough about re-signing, and I'm excited to watch his growth moving forward." All seem relatively positive to me. As I said before the fact that they resigned him AND made these comments before they committed to Cutler is telling. The 'commitment' itself seemed a bit impish but if for nothing else puts Cutler on notice. And yes you're right, the missing part is any glowing endorsement other than to say, we are going to continue with Cutler. I truly think there will be an actual competition when it comes to camp. And if necessary and they like what they see in Clausen, very well may decide to sit Cutler. Which is just fine.

"Well I think I've seen maturity and growth". "So I've seen a guy that's matured. I watched his one start and a lot of preseason snaps he was involved in and I've seen him grow as a quarterback." and "Obviously, he was a guy that we felt good enough about re-signing, and I'm excited to watch his growth moving forward." All seem relatively positive to me. As I said before the fact that they resigned him AND made these comments before they committed to Cutler is telling. The 'commitment' itself seemed a bit impish but if for nothing else puts Cutler on notice. And yes you're right, the missing part is any glowing endorsement other than to say, we are going to continue with Cutler. I truly think there will be an actual competition when it comes to camp. And if necessary and they like what they see in Clausen, very well may decide to sit Cutler. Which is just fine.

your dreaming, he is a cheap backup, will never unseed Cutler.

I hope he has improved from that 1-9 season. Most other QB's would be out of the league after that type of season. He is a reliable backup but nothing more.

Jordan vs. Magic, Brady, vs. Manning, and in another unforgettable matchup, we had the 2010 Thursday night game that matched Todd Collins vs. Jimmy Clausen . . . yikes that was ugly. I had to make my 2 daughters shield their eye. Even though the Bears won 23-6, immediately following the game I Googled, "How can I have my memory erased."

Granted that was 5 years ago, but that was a bucketful of bad on Clausen's part. Did I mention Collins threw 4 interceptions?

Clausen seems like he can be a good back-up. The fact that we didn't sign him for the minimum proves that. But him challenging Cutler is laughable.

Jordan vs. Magic, Brady, vs. Manning, and in another unforgettable matchup, we had the 2010 Thursday night game that matched Todd Collins vs. Jimmy Clausen . . . yikes that was ugly. I had to make my 2 daughters shield their eye. Even though the Bears won 23-6, immediately following the game I Googled, "How can I have my memory erased."

Granted that was 5 years ago, but that was a bucketful of bad on Clausen's part. Did I mention Collins threw 4 interceptions?

Clausen seems like he can be a good back-up. The fact that we didn't sign him for the minimum proves that. But him challenging Cutler is laughable.

Ha ha ha... It's laughable you're right. Especially if you actually believe for a minute they wouldn't pull Cutler the first time he screws up. I'm convinced it will be sooner than later. And Clausen will be first in line, at least for now, to take control.

So is it noteworthy that Coach Fox has openly commented on Clausen and both he and Pace committed to re-signing him before they would comment at all on keeping Cutler? I say perhaps. It's definitley worth speculations.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpos...amp;src=desktop

They resigned him because that is who they targeted as Cutlers back up. They came out and stated Cutler is the starter moving fwd.

Cutler is the starter.

In an unbiased environment I think he could challenge Cutler now. The fact he lead Fox to a 1-15 season and Cutler's contract leads me to think he won't have a chance to.

You obviously are a very religious man and believe in miracles.

It is a completely unbiased environment, the coaches do not owe any loyalty to anyone. If he is better, I guarantee you he will start, facts are he is not.

If Cutler struggles, I think Clausen will get a chance, but he is not the long term solution.

However, I cannot think of a better situation for Cutler to light it up this year compared to previous years. Trestman fooled us last year (fool's gold) and most were not aware how toxic the locker room had gotten (so I can see why many have a pessimistic view on the offense this season). With Fox/Gase/Loggains, the subtraction of Marshall and the addition of Royal, Cutler has the best coaching staff from top to bottom to excel with the right mix of players to have routes develop at different times in his progressions.

DEN vs CHI skill player comparison: Alshon is very similar to D. Thomas, Bennett has out-produced J.Thomas in everything other than TDs, and before last season Royal and E. Sanders were very comparable. The only production missing would be from the #3WR where Welker had 49-464. Wilson was basically a non-factor on offense last year and I don't know if he is the answer. Forte is comparable to any of the Denver RBs except we don't have a true pounder between the tackles. Denver has always had several RBs, which should result in more carries for Carey.

If we add another WR, TE, and OLineman I think the offense has as much potential is it did last year (which the consensus was a top 10 offense).

If Cutler struggles, I think Clausen will get a chance, but he is not the long term solution.

However, I cannot think of a better situation for Cutler to light it up this year compared to previous years. Trestman fooled us last year (fool's gold) and most were not aware how toxic the locker room had gotten (so I can see why many have a pessimistic view on the offense this season). With Fox/Gase/Loggains, the subtraction of Marshall and the addition of Royal, Cutler has the best coaching staff from top to bottom to excel with the right mix of players to have routes develop at different times in his progressions.

DEN vs CHI skill player comparison: Alshon is very similar to D. Thomas, Bennett has out-produced J.Thomas in everything other than TDs, and before last season Royal and E. Sanders were very comparable. The only production missing would be from the #3WR where Welker had 49-464. Wilson was basically a non-factor on offense last year and I don't know if he is the answer. Forte is comparable to any of the Denver RBs except we don't have a true pounder between the tackles. Denver has always had several RBs, which should result in more carries for Carey.

If we add another WR, TE, and OLineman I think the offense has as much potential is it did last year (which the consensus was a top 10 offense).

You missed the QB comparison. Why is that? ?. Although you could say there are some similarities to Ossweiler and Jimmy right?

You obviously are a very religious man and believe in miracles.

It is a completely unbiased environment, the coaches do not owe any loyalty to anyone. If he is better, I guarantee you he will start, facts are he is not.

He looked very crisp int he game against the Lions. I think in the right scenario he could push a starter. Its just not going to happen in Chicago with a QB with that salary ahead of him, or for a coach he got fired.

Im not saying he looked grat, but I didnt see muchin his performance to say he cant be much better.

I am sorry but no. Jeffry isnt close to the level of Thomas, and Royal isnt in the same neighborhood as Sanders. He never has been close in his career to what Sanders did last year. Plus, they dont have Peyton Manning throwing to them. They had a guy that missed a game, threw more passes to a RB ever, and still lead the league in turn overs.

I am sorry but no. Jeffry isnt close to the level of Thomas, and Royal isnt in the same neighborhood as Sanders. He never has been close in his career to what Sanders did last year. Plus, they dont have Peyton Manning throwing to them. They had a guy that missed a game, threw more passes to a RB ever, and still lead the league in turn overs.

How can you say Thomas and Sanders are that much better but then say they had Manning throwing to them. That completely contradicts your argument. Sanders doesn't even have a season comparable to last season. To me that speaks more to Manning than their own skill levels. Look at what Decker did away from Denver. Again I am not saying we have better players but comparable. I don't think D. Thomas is that much better, check out what he did before Manning. Sanders almost doubled his career best in yardage, so before last season, him and Royal were pretty close in production. Besides TDs how was Julius Thomas that much better than Bennett? I just feel we can live up to last year's potential on offense with this group.

If Alshon is the guy he was in 2013, which I have no reason to believe he can't be, he can be every bit as good as Thomas. Alshon averaged 16 yards per reception in 2013, Thomas the last 3 years averaged 14.6, 15.5, and 15.3. Alshon his first year averaged, albeit in limited time, averaged 15.3.

If Alshon is the guy he was in 2013, which I have no reason to believe he can't be, he can be every bit as good as Thomas. Alshon averaged 16 yards per reception in 2013, Thomas the last 3 years averaged 14.6, 15.5, and 15.3. Alshon his first year averaged, albeit in limited time, averaged 15.3.

I doubt that happens again, he had Marshall that gave him one on ones, unless we get another #1.