Cap Situation

adam

According to overthecap.com we have $130,789,062 committed to the cap after the McPhee/Royal/Rolle signings, and we have an adjusted cap of $145,168,434 for this year (with carry over). That leaves us with $14.380; we have a total rookie pool of about $5.7 and an effective rookie pool of about $3.4. With league year expenses and some cap flexibility, that leaves us around $9mil to sign other FA's. To me this seems like we can bring in 2-3 more mid-tier players. Hopefully two of them will be Foster and Parker.

According to overthecap.com we have $130,789,062 committed to the cap after the McPhee/Royal/Rolle signings, and we have an adjusted cap of $145,168,434 for this year (with carry over). That leaves us with $14.380; we have a total rookie pool of about $5.7 and an effective rookie pool of about $3.4. With league year expenses and some cap flexibility, that leaves us around $9mil to sign other FA's. To me this seems like we can bring in 2-3 more mid-tier players. Hopefully two of them will be Foster and Parker.

Ok reported we have 10 mil left : name the 2 or 3 contracts left you would sign.

Ron Parker=3 mil per year

Red Bryant-3 mil per year

Perish Cox-4 mill per year

Also Alex Carrington/DT on a vet min(wont count against cap)

Also Moreno/RB on a vet min

Also Denarius Moore/WR on a vet min

Also Rob Housler/TE on a vet min

Ok reported we have 10 mil left : name the 2 or 3 contracts left you would sign.

Ron Parker=3 mil per year

Red Bryant-3 mil per year

Perish Cox-4 mill per year

Also Alex Carrington/DT on a vet min(wont count against cap)

Also Moreno/RB on a vet min

Also Denarius Moore/WR on a vet min

Also Rob Housler/TE on a vet min

I was thinking Foster/Parker and Cox. That would be McPhee/Foster/Rolle/Parker/Cox added on defense, and Royal on offense.

I was thinking Foster/Parker and Cox. That would be McPhee/Foster/Rolle/Parker/Cox added on defense, and Royal on offense.

Can we make room for Peanut? I've not heard a single word about him. We announced guys we were not bringing back, and he was not one of them. We need him and it would be really nice if he could finish his career as a Bear.

Can we make room for Peanut? I've not heard a single word about him. We announced guys we were not bringing back, and he was not one of them. We need him and it would be really nice if he could finish his career as a Bear.

Is he going to play for vet min.? doubt it

The Bears have a ton of cap space next year, so they could get creative with some contracts and give Tillman something more than the vet minimum. Just give him a 3 yr deal for $1mil base salary this year with a $2mil signing bonus so he gets $3mil this year, but only $1.666 against the cap.

The Bears have a ton of cap space next year, so they could get creative with some contracts and give Tillman something more than the vet minimum. Just give him a 3 yr deal for $1mil base salary this year with a $2mil signing bonus so he gets $3mil this year, but only $1.666 against the cap.

I seriously think there getting younger and view that with every transaction. Rolle is 32 and is taking Tillmans spot of leader, playmaker. He was signed for his leadership qualities and has always been healthy. Peanut is gone. doesnt fit the new scheme.