Draftek Mock

Guest TerraTor

I would be fine with it as well. It seems to me that if Cooper is there at #7, and we are focusing on a BPA strategy, he almost has to be the pick, right?

The biggest question mark for me as far as projecting the draft (besides not having any frame of reference to Pace's drafting approach/philosophy) is their evaluation of the defensive linemen on the roster. I just don't know what they think they have and where they potentially fit (see, my recent post on the need at OLB). I've generally operated under the assumption that there is no true NT on the roster, so I've been lately leaning towards Danny Shelton in the first. But Ratliff has played the nose before and I can see Ego also handling it OK (and I think I remember Pace talking about Ratliff being a "building block" for the new defense when he was hired), in which case our needs on the line would shift toward DE and guys like Carl Davis make more sense. It would be nice if that were the case, because it seems like there are more quality 3-4 DEs in rounds 2-5 than 3-4 NTs.

7 - A. Cooper, WR

39 - C. Davis, DE

71 - L. Mauldin, OLB

103 - D. Smith, S

134 - S. Golson, CB

167 - B. Hager, ILB

To me this is a pretty solid draft in terms of positions. If we sign Wisniewski, then this is a great draft.

I wouldn't HATE it but taking an OLB in the 3rd would rub me the wrong way. IF the Bears still think they need another OLB, ya gotta take one of the guys in the 1R.

Again I wouldn't hate a WR in the 1R but with the state of the defense the last 2 years I think it'd be a mistake not taking a defensive player there. Whether it be one of the OLBs if they still think thats a need, Danny Shelton, Trae Waynes, or even Landon Collins, one of those guys has to be the pick IMO.

It's geared to help Cutler, so can't lI've it... hahaha

Drafttek 2015 NFL Draft Mock Draft | Round 4 Picks 97-128 |

http://www.drafttek.com/2015-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round4.asp

Can't say I don't like it. Cooper is pretty highly regarded. Still would like to have anohter young and Fast LB like Gregory or Beasley. Still hope somehow they can grab Ferguson someway.

I wouldn't HATE it but taking an OLB in the 3rd would rub me the wrong way. IF the Bears still think they need another OLB, ya gotta take one of the guys in the 1R.

Again I wouldn't hate a WR in the 1R but with the state of the defense the last 2 years I think it'd be a mistake not taking a defensive player there. Whether it be one of the OLBs if they still think thats a need, Danny Shelton, Trae Waynes, or even Landon Collins, one of those guys has to be the pick IMO.

None of them are worthy of pick 7. If we trade back then I would be all in with those picks. If Cooper or White are there, they have to take them. There different makers.

Another thing worth hating about that draft is no CB till the 5th round.

IMO they have to take a corner in the 1st or 2nd. The third at the latest, and I'd only be comfortable with that because Fox and Donatel are 2 of the best when it comes to developing guys in the secondary.

I dislike drafttek because the draft picks are sooo off it seems...I mean if it really played out like it did, it would be amazing....

1- Trae Waynes CB Mich State

2- Carl Davis DT Iowa

3- Gerod Holliman FS Louisville

4- Cedric Ogbuehi OT TX AM

5- Justin Hardy WR East Carolina

6- Jake Ryan ILB Michigan

That would be insane!

Wow. I hate, hate, hate it.

WR in the first? No.

Another OLB? No.

Hate it.

Why are you so against a WR in the first? I know our defense was bad last year, but we're an injury to Jeffery away from starting Eddie Royal and Marques Wilson at WR.

Why are you so against a WR in the first? I know our defense was bad last year, but we're an injury to Jeffery away from starting Eddie Royal and Marques Wilson at WR.

That can be said for pretty much every team at every position though. They'd still have a pro bowler in Bennett, the best pass catching back in the league in Forte, and I think they should target a WR later in the draft to add to that mix. Losing Jeffery would suck, but they'd still have guys to throw to.

Agreed. From what I'm hearing Cooper would be hard to pass on if available. Since Pace is a fan of BPA the best player may be what we see.

It's very possible that he's there in the 2R.

Here are 9 mock drafts, and not one of them have Thompson in the first.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/mock-drafts

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

I'd def love him in the 2R.

You know as well as I do the best at picking the right mock drafts are about 30%, so not many you can put a lot of faith in. It is hard for people to pick the exact drafted player, so I go by how many right they had that were picked in the first round.

I'm against it because I don't believe in true BPA. True BPA causes GMs to pick WR three years in a row or QB two years in a row. That's just dumb. Having said that, I believe in BPA plus need. Positions of need are plentiful on the Bears, and WR is one of few where we have solid starters at all spots. Same reason why I'd hate a first round TE or RB. We need OT, C, ILB, FS, SS, and probably a few other positions (CB, DE, QB) more.

Any draft mock that has Cooper coming to the Bears makes me happy but the way the Draftek mock went towards some of this teams needs is a plus. As for criticism of when a certain position is drafted is kind of crazy since the team just spent big bucks on an OLB that was drafted in the 5th round by another team. I'm hoping that there is some interest in Central Fla CB named Jacoby Glenn in the mix for a day 2 or 3 pick.

I'm against it because I don't believe in true BPA. True BPA causes GMs to pick WR three years in a row or QB two years in a row. That's just dumb. Having said that, I believe in BPA plus need. Positions of need are plentiful on the Bears, and WR is one of few where we have solid starters at all spots. Same reason why I'd hate a first round TE or RB. We need OT, C, ILB, FS, SS, and probably a few other positions (CB, DE, QB) more.

Nobody does that. When BPA is discussed, it's based on a teams draft board. If there's no requirement, they won't be on the board...

Don't sleep on the CB need.

We're in a division with Rodgers/Nelson/Cobb, Stafford/Megatron/Tate, and I think Bridegewater is gonna be a good QB with Mike Wallace and probably a 1st round WR (not to mention if they can ever figure out how to use Patterson).

Right now we have Fuller who looked the part of a good CB the first month then fell off (Hopefully just because of injuries). Tim Jennings who doesn't belong on the outside, and might not even be any good in the slot anymore. Then we have guys like AL Louis Jean, Demontre Hurst, and Terrance Mitchell who MIGHT have some potential but are far from guys I'd want as the #2.

I have CB as our biggest need ATM.

Don't sleep on the CB need.

We're in a division with Rodgers/Nelson/Cobb, Stafford/Megatron/Tate, and I think Bridegewater is gonna be a good QB with Mike Wallace and probably a 1st round WR (not to mention if they can ever figure out how to use Patterson).

Right now we have Fuller who looked the part of a good CB the first month then fell off (Hopefully just because of injuries). Tim Jennings who doesn't belong on the outside, and might not even be any good in the slot anymore. Then we have guys like AL Louis Jean, Demontre Hurst, and Terrance Mitchell who MIGHT have some potential but are far from guys I'd want as the #2.

I have CB as our biggest need ATM.

Remember when people bitched their ass off because we drafted CB last year? Now you want another one. String him up! Lol, if he's a good one, I'm for it!

Remember when people bitched their ass off because we drafted CB last year? Now you want another one. String him up! Lol, if he's a good one, I'm for it!

Lol I was happy with Tillman/Jennings with Hayden/Frey/Mid rounder last year, but now I'm glad they took Fuller. Who knew Jennings was gonna fall off a cliff and Peanut would get hurt again.....

But ya, Bears really need another one in the 1st or 2nd.

Lol I was happy with Tillman/Jennings with Hayden/Frey/Mid rounder last year, but now I'm glad they took Fuller. Who knew Jennings was gonna fall off a cliff and Peanut would get hurt again.....

But ya, Bears really need another one in the 1st or 2nd.

With a defense like ours having so many holes there are many ways you can go about fixing the defense. Obviously safety is going to be an issue for at least another year but hopefully it's serviceable this season. I think Fuller will be better this season than last and I've read where he's much better in press coverage than in zone (i.e. cover 2). Knowing that and adding another CB who is good in press coverage gives you two guys who can take away the outside, at least for a few seconds. That means the rest of the defense focuses on the inside game, including the safeties, and that should open up all sorts of options for zone blitzes. That reduces the need for an elite pass rusher off the edge.

So I can see the argument for this but OTOH there is no Revis in this draft, quite the opposite actually to where some CBs might get drafter earlier than they should. My preference is still to grab one of the top edge rushers in the draft with #7 because those guys are more of a game changer than a CB. After that it's BPA and with all of our needs that could be NT, DE, CB, ILB. Among those positions at least one, if not two, are going to be left for next year to address, and we'll grab one of the FAs still hanging around as a stop gap. I can't rule out us taking a WR among the 1st four rounds and possibly a RB, and dare I say a RT. The Bears community has been silent on Mills this offseason but he was far from effective last year and there's no guarantee his foot holds up as those injuries can linger. We need more action in FA to address some of these needs.