Cutler the leader?????

Chitownhustla

No one has mentioned it on here so I thought I would bring it up.

Eddie Royal commented after signing with the Bears that Cutler recruited him to come to the Bears. One example of him being a leader, Derrick Rose has refused to recruit which I think is stupid. He also said something along the lines that Cutler was a good leader in Denver.

Christian Jones said something along the lines that Kyle Long and Jay Cutler were the two guys that first came to him after signing with the Bears as an undrafted free agent. I cant remember exactly what he said but it had something to do with him being a leader.

I know Cutler does not have the body language and the actions on the sidelines that you would want to see out of your QB but may be Cutler does have some leadership qualities.

I haven't said anything because it's pointless. The guys who don't like Cutler here won't buy it and would spin it as BS.

I don't like Cutler the person but think there's more to Cutler the football player than he gets credit for. Only time will tell what his legacy is. I hope for the best for him and the Bears.

I haven't said anything because it's pointless. The guys who don't like Cutler here won't buy it and would spin it as BS.

I hear ya, at this point we (guys that like him and guys that hate) are stuck with him for at least one more year. His leadership or lack there of has been debated a lot.

I agree with the guys that dislike Cutler for the way carries himself in a poor manner on game day in front of the cameras.

I do not agree that he doesn't go over pictures or plays on the sidelines, they don't show it on TV but he does review things on the sidelines

No one knows what type of leader he is as we are not in game film breakdown meetings, practices, huddles on game day. The only thing we can see is the way he carries himself in front of the camera.

I am glad to see two players coming out and backing Cutler as a leader. I will say I don't think Emery and Trestman are stupid enough to give him all that money if they didn't see Cutler being a leader.

If Cutler was walking around Halas hall being the Jerk (jerkface) and not being a team guy would they have given him the butt load of money they did?

I hear ya, at this point we (guys that like him and guys that hate) are stuck with him for at least one more year. His leadership or lack there of has been debated a lot.

I agree with the guys that dislike Cutler for the way carries himself in a poor manner on game day in front of the cameras.

I do not agree that he doesn't go over pictures or plays on the sidelines, they don't show it on TV but he does review things on the sidelines

Perhaps you missed that meme that someone sent out a few days ago that shows Cutler throwing down the previous plays on paper? Man was that funny!!!

No one knows what type of leader he is as we are not in game film breakdown meetings, practices, huddles on game day. The only thing we can see is the way he carries himself in front of the camera.

I am glad to see two players coming out and backing Cutler as a leader. I will say I don't think Emery and Trestman are stupid enough to give him all that money if they didn't see Cutler being a leader.

If Cutler was walking around Halas hall being the Jerk (jerkface) and not being a team guy would they have given him the butt load of money they did?

And just to put a spin on the 'intelligence' of Emery, he was the same one that didn't want to keep Urlacher around...and we saw how the defense crumbled shortly afterwards. Coincidence? Perhaps.

Look, I have no major issue with his ability or not as a leader. I personally don't see it but as he would say "don't care". All I really want for him to do is produce on the field. He's had a good number of years to prove that he can "lead" on the field and so far has fallen short. I have no question in my mind he's smart enough to dissect the plays on the field and probably scrutinizes each play almost as well as Peyton does. Its when he's on the field and under pressure where he starts to stink it up. Maybe he'll be able to do better with Gase working with him. My question will be how will he act once he commits that first, second, third...turnover? Historically he's been a bit lackluster.

Perhaps you missed that meme that someone sent out a few days ago that shows Cutler throwing down the previous plays on paper? Man was that funny!!!

And just to put a spin on the 'intelligence' of Emery, he was the same one that didn't want to keep Urlacher around...and we saw how the defense crumbled shortly afterwards. Coincidence? Perhaps.

Look, I have no major issue with his ability or not as a leader. I personally don't see it but as he would say "don't care". All I really want for him to do is produce on the field. He's had a good number of years to prove that he can "lead" on the field and so far has fallen short. I have no question in my mind he's smart enough to dissect the plays on the field and probably scrutinizes each play almost as well as Peyton does. Its when he's on the field and under pressure where he starts to stink it up. Maybe he'll be able to do better with Gase working with him. My question will be how will he act once he commits that first, second, third...turnover? Historically he's been a bit lackluster.

I saw the Meme and laughed my ass off. It only proves that he did look at pictures....He actually showed some emotion, which I like. Maybe not the best emotion but some emotion is better than no emotion.

As for producing compared to leadership. I posted this just to show that some guys have backed that Jay is a leader. A lot of people bitch about Jay's contract and point to production and leadership qualities.

We all know his production needs to be better, really only on the INT's. This post was to point out he may be a leader just not the leader type we are used to seeing.

As for production, I agree with you: he has crumbled when the pressure is on more times then not. He had a stretch were he was called 4th quarter Jay but that was short lived.

For this coming year my biggest hopes for Cutler and Gase is that they:

1. run the ball to set up the pass, better run to pass ratio

2. design plays to utilize Cutlers mobility better (roll outs)

3. Oline provides better pass blocking

If they are able to do these 3 things I think we will see less turnovers INT's and Fumbles. If Gase can get 3,000 to 3,500 yards with 25 -30 TD while limting the INT's to 10-12 Gase will be a HC somewhere the following year.

Emery = he wanted to show the team there was a new sheriff in town and 54 was the example he chose to show everyone. It back fired in Emery's face and had a negative impact on Trestman. Trestman fought an uphill battle with trying to get the team to buy in from the get go. The offense bought in but the vets tied to Lovie did not ie. Briggs.

1. Run the ball to set up the pass, better run to pass ratio

2. Design plays to utilize Cutlers mobility better (roll outs)

If they are able to do these 3 things I think we will see less turnovers INT's and Fumbles. If Gase can get 3,000 to 3,500 yards with 25 -30 TD while limting the INT's to 10-12 Gase will be a HC somewhere the following year.

I think the post I just made is going to upset you if you expect better run to pass ratio. That just doesn't appear to be what Fox and Gase do.

I think the post I just made is going to upset you if you expect better run to pass ratio. That just doesn't appear to be what Fox and Gase do.

I thought I read that Fox wanted to run the ball more in Denver. Gase with Manning I expect more passes. Gase with cutler I expect more runs.

Having Manning and the weapons he had in Denver allows you to do things a whole different then with Cutler and company.

1. run the ball to set up the pass, better run to pass ratio

2. design plays to utilize Cutlers mobility better (roll outs)

All in all I will agree with you pretty much on point.

And with regards to the bolded, Gase would be considered a miracle worker so yes he would deserve a shot at a HC job. Maybe he could take Jay with him? triumphtheinsultcomicdog.jpg