NFC North Free Agency

adam

In terms of improving the team since last season, have the Bears not had the best offseason of any team in the division?

GB has actually lost a lot of their depth and some key vets (Williams, Hawk, House, etc). So even though they re-signed Cobb and some others, at this point they are slightly worse than last year. Detroit has taken a massive step backwards losing Suh and Fairley and only gaining Ngata (who is older). Minnesota had a slight upgrade going from Jennings to Wallace, but the biggest swing will be in regards to what happens with AP. With their other roster losses (Felton), they probably are even at this point. With every team expected to improve through the draft similarly, it is hard for me to see the Bears as not improving the most so far this offseason (GM, coaching staff, Tucker gone, McPhee, Royal, Rolle). Now I know we lost Marshall, but I think our additions still outweigh his loss (on and off the field).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/...ecap-nfc-north/

In terms of improving the team since last season, have the Bears not had the best offseason of any team in the division?

GB has actually lost a lot of their depth and some key vets (Williams, Hawk, House, etc). So even though they re-signed Cobb and some others, at this point they are slightly worse than last year. Detroit has taken a massive step backwards losing Suh and Fairley and only gaining Ngata (who is older). Minnesota had a slight upgrade going from Jennings to Wallace, but the biggest swing will be in regards to what happens with AP. With their other roster losses (Felton), they probably are even at this point. With every team expected to improve through the draft similarly, it is hard for me to see the Bears as not improving the most so far this offseason (GM, coaching staff, Tucker gone, McPhee, Royal, Rolle). Now I know we lost Marshall, but I think our additions still outweigh his loss (on and off the field).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/...ecap-nfc-north/

I know the so called experts say GB won, but their D took a big hit. I do think the Bears made the most gains and Mason Foster LB is still in the works. Following twitter, Kyle Long was all over him today offering him a place to stay, selling the pizza, and saying how Chicago is a LB legendary team.

Being able to keep Cobb and Bulaga was huge for GB.

We may have won, but still didn't do enough.

Yeah, all I was saying was relative to last year, they have taken a step back. Williams and Hawk were starters and the 3rd/4th leading tacklers. Harris was their primary KR, and House/Guion/Jones were all depth players.

Realistically, they maintained a solid B rating.

Where we, I think, went from a D to a C+. We improved more. But, it was hard not to given how bad we were!

Yeah, all I was saying was relative to last year, they have taken a step back. Williams and Hawk were starters and the 3rd/4th leading tacklers. Harris was their primary KR, and House/Guion/Jones were all depth players.