QB option in the later rounds

Chitownhustla

I still don't like either of Petty and Hundley. Even in his Pro Day workout you can Petty's passes falling short and I don't like that lack of arm strength. His arm may be strong enough for the NFL but too often he throws the football 20 yards as if it only needs to go 20 yards so most of his passes tend not to have the velocity you need to see when coverage is tight. Hundley… If he reads NFL defenses like he reads college defense (Pac 12 isn't that stout of a defensive league either) then he'll fail.

I still don't like either of Petty and Hundley. Even in his Pro Day workout you can Petty's passes falling short and I don't like that lack of arm strength. His arm may be strong enough for the NFL but too often he throws the football 20 yards as if it only needs to go 20 yards so most of his passes tend not to have the velocity you need to see when coverage is tight. Hundley… If he reads NFL defenses like he reads college defense (Pac 12 isn't that stout of a defensive league either) then he'll fail.

Yeah, I didn't know he had a weak arm:

He capably makes throws to every area of the field, but he doesn't fire the ball with tremendous zip or velocity. As a result, Petty's balls frequently die :o at the end of deep throws or fall short of the mark on tosses near the sideline.

That kinda scares me, especially in Chicago.