The game plan

Stinger226

I debated on a few different OTs in the 3rd including Ty. I took Robinson because I think we look to run the ball more and having a guy like Robinson on the right side with Long would be something special IMO.

I am now seeing where he ranks lower on a lot of big boards though. I'm certainly iffy on the pick, but with all those picks I'd like to see the best OT available in the 3rd or 4th. Domeone like Ali Marpet, Ty Sambrilo, Jeremiah Poutasi, Donovan Smith, Robinson, or perhaps the best option if he makes it there and the medicals look good Cedric Ogbuehi.

I still have hope they try Long outside. Surprisingly, he may do better against lighter faster guys. Footwork is the key if they do though.

I still have hope they try Long outside. Surprisingly, he may do better against lighter faster guys. Footwork is the key if they do though.

I think they will be moving him to the outside, If you basically starting anew why not make the change now. It is easier and cheaper to find a right guard that a good tackle.

Are there any Bears workouts/camps between now and the draft? I keep on reading about how John Fox says the Bears still have a lot of needs (and how he doesn't even know who the leaders on this team might be), and Ryan Pace talking about where they believe the current players on the roster fit into the new defensive scheme, then we keep talking about where we see certain players fitting and how that will impact the draft, etc. What I keep wondering is, without any workout between now and the draft, how is the new staff supposed to figure out where people will fit. I guess this is a problem all new regimes deal with, but it seems to me that in particular when you are fundamentally changing how the players line up and what they do, it's like doing into a draft without having any idea how 1/4 of your roster fits into what you want to do, not to mention you don't know how guys who aren't going to change positions take to your scheme. The current staff really doesn't have anything to go on besides tape to determine, for instance, if they see Marques Wilson as a starter, or whether a short CB like Tim Jennings can work in Fangio's system, or if Ratliff can still be a 3-4 NT. I do not envy their job (well, I do, but you know what I mean).

Are there any Bears workouts/camps between now and the draft? I keep on reading about how John Fox says the Bears still have a lot of needs (and how he doesn't even know who the leaders on this team might be), and Ryan Pace talking about where they believe the current players on the roster fit into the new defensive scheme, then we keep talking about where we see certain players fitting and how that will impact the draft, etc. What I keep wondering is, without any workout between now and the draft, how is the new staff supposed to figure out where people will fit. I guess this is a problem all new regimes deal with, but it seems to me that in particular when you are fundamentally changing how the players line up and what they do, it's like doing into a draft without having any idea how 1/4 of your roster fits into what you want to do, not to mention you don't know how guys who aren't going to change positions take to your scheme. The current staff really doesn't have anything to go on besides tape to determine, for instance, if they see Marques Wilson as a starter, or whether a short CB like Tim Jennings can work in Fangio's system, or if Ratliff can still be a 3-4 NT. I do not envy their job (well, I do, but you know what I mean).

They are having mini camp on April 28, 29, and 30. That will give them a couple of days to evaluate before the draft Thursday night on the 30th.

The next camp is May 8-10 and then Jun 16-18.

They are having mini camp on April 28, 29, and 30. That will give them a couple of days to evaluate before the draft Thursday night on the 30th.

The next camp is May 8-10 and then Jun 16-18.

Hmmm, I'm seeing those dates now. Odd considering they could start on the 6th. Maybe they just haven't released it out there that they'll be doing it at an earlier date.

Or perhaps there's a difference between "offseason workout programs" and "voluntary mini camp".

Hmmm, I'm seeing those dates now. Odd considering they could start on the 6th. Maybe they just haven't released it out there that they'll be doing it at an earlier date. Or perhaps there's a difference between "offseason workout programs" and "voluntary mini camp".

I think the April 6th date is open so they can get together for strength, conditioning, and rehab work only.