Fox: Culter's confidence was rattled last year

CrackerDog

I'd equate it to making Devon Hester a number one WR at this point of his career. He has all the talent to be a top WR in the league and we have seen him use those skills at times.

Good point except Devin never showed he was capable of being a #1 receiver while Cutler has clearly shown he's a very good QB for extended periods. So I think that's a little bit of a stretch.

Look, we're all hoping for the best. That's all that really needs to be said. We're all fans, we're all tired of Jay's antics and bad moments and we're all going to get behind him when the season starts... Until he proves unworthy of our support. AGAIN

I'd equate it to making Devon Hester a number one WR at this point of his career. He has all the talent to be a top WR in the league and we have seen him use those skills at times.

Hester couldnt remember the plays. Cutlers mental problem is not that, its crapping himself when something goes wrong, or throwing to the wrong guy when a Defense gives him a certain look. Two totally different things.

Hester was too stupid, Cutler is suppose to be pretty smart.

Hester was too stupid, Cutler is suppose to be pretty smart.

What I never understood about Jay, at least these last few seasons, was the horrible first halves of games. I mean he'd look like complete SHIT for 30 minutes! And then come around, usually, in the second half. Not always. But damn it man, get your head in the game from the opening kickoff! This is the NFL...

Good point except Devin never showed he was capable of being a #1 receiver while Cutler has clearly shown he's a very good QB for extended periods. So I think that's a little bit of a stretch.

Look, we're all hoping for the best. That's all that really needs to be said. We're all fans, we're all tired of Jay's antics and bad moments and we're all going to get behind him when the season starts... Until he proves unworthy of our support. AGAIN

Granted, Devin is a bit of a stretch. I just used him as an example, as we are all familiar with him. At one point, people thought he had all of the physical gifts to be the next Steve Smith.

It could be argued that Hester just makes mental mistakes like lining up wrong (reading defenses), poor route running (bad mechanics), inexplicable drops (errant throws), and so on that kept him from becoming Steve Smith.

I'm sure it's things that he understood, but when it came to execution it just wasn't there. That's just a broad comparison of why I think it's not just as simple mental fix for Jay. Of course we hope it is just that simple, but it's quite the large task. That's why I was saying it can't really be compared to changes we make in life.

My take on Cutler is how do you fix bad decision making? How do you make him consistent? How do you get him at this stage of his career when he should have seen almost any look a defense can give to recognize it? Frankly I believe he is what he is and the best way to limit his mistakes is to get the ball out of his hands quickly via handoff or WCO type passes which he has excelled at in the past.