Chris Conley?

AZ54

I am spending some of my weekend researching WR for the draft and I'm wondering why this guy isn't on our radar? 4.35 forty, 45" vertical and he's 6' 2". Clearly he's got the measureables to compete and he's got the one thing we need on offense and that is long speed. I watched some film of him and he looks like a good prospect. http://draftbreakdown.com/video/chris-conl...s-arkansas-2014 At Walter Football he's not even listed among the top 30 WRs. CBS Sports has him as #18 WRs and at DraftTek he's #22.

I realize he's not one of the top WR but when we talk about mid to late round prospects I like what he can do better than anything I've seen out of Nelson Agholor (who plays soft). Plus he's a high character guy. If we don't go WR early I think he should be on our radar in the 4th Rd.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitner/...2015-nfl-draft/

I am spending some of my weekend researching WR for the draft and I'm wondering why this guy isn't on our radar? 4.35 forty, 45" vertical and he's 6' 2". Clearly he's got the measureables to compete and he's got the one thing we need on offense and that is long speed. I watched some film of him and he looks like a good prospect. http://draftbreakdown.com/video/chris-conl...s-arkansas-2014 At Walter Football he's not even listed among the top 30 WRs. CBS Sports has him as #18 WRs and at DraftTek he's #22.

I realize he's not one of the top WR but when we talk about mid to late round prospects I like what he can do better than anything I've seen out of Nelson Agholor (who plays soft). Plus he's a high character guy. If we don't go WR early I think he should be on our radar in the 4th Rd.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitner/...2015-nfl-draft/

I agree.......didn't hear much about him because Georgia is a run first and often team

Good call on Conley, I'm reading his route running leaves a lot to be desired, but that's something that could certainly be improved.

I for one haven't given up on Wilson, and think he could still be a pretty good WR, so I'd prefer a mid round guy like him who just comes in and competes with Wilson vs a 1st round guy who comes in and automatically wipes out Wilsons chance to grow. Though I wouldn't absolutely bash Cooper/White in the 1st.

Good call on Conley, I'm reading his route running leaves a lot to be desired, but that's something that could certainly be improved.

I for one haven't given up on Wilson, and think he could still be a pretty good WR, so I'd prefer a mid round guy like him who just comes in and competes with Wilson vs a 1st round guy who comes in and automatically wipes out Wilsons chance to grow. Though I wouldn't absolutely bash Cooper/White in the 1st.

That would be a good idea IMHO is we were in a rebuilding mode. But I think we are in a win now mode by what we have gotten in FA. So if we got either White/Cooper at number 7 they might be day one starters since they are faster and maybe can stretch the field better than Wilson

That would be a good idea IMHO is we were in a rebuilding mode. But I think we are in a win now mode by what we have gotten in FA. So if we got either White/Cooper at number 7 they might be day one starters since they are faster and maybe can stretch the field better than Wilson

To be honest, all the one year contracts kinda tell me they're moreso in a "See what you got mode" vs win now mode. It's not so much rebuilding really, but most of the move are just moves that COULD work out well if all goes right. If they don't then there's no risk involved. They def aren't in tank mode that's for sure.

Bringing in other WRs isnt giving up on Wilson, its all competition. So you would rather have a project that a all pro type WR if it works that way?

It you can get a high level QB at 7 then you have to take that. (they wont be there or do I believe they are any in the draft)

So for me its a high level pass rusher or all pro type WR. I would be happy with either.

Bringing in other WRs isnt giving up on Wilson, its all competition. So you would rather have a project that a all pro type WR if it works that way?

It you can get a high level QB at 7 then you have to take that. (they wont be there or do I believe they are any in the draft)

So for me its a high level pass rusher or all pro type WR. I would be happy with either.

Agree on this but I can't rule out a CB as a possibility with our first pick even if it doesn't seem like the value is there. If we truly go BPA then it will be either the pass rusher or WR.

I like Wilson but there's no way I'd pass up the option for White or Cooper just to have him get a chance to improve. Wilson can still beat out Royal for snaps. He could even beat out the rookies if they struggle to learn the offense early on. Just gotta compete.

It's not necessarily giving up on him, but 4 WR sets are rarely run in the NFL, and I think the best way for Wilson to grow would be on the field getting actual in game reps.

Wilson has shown flashes in preseason, and he had a pretty good game vs GB last year. It's not necessarily a bad problem to have if he puts it together even after drafting a WR, but the 1R pick could be used elsewhere.

Bears right now have Jeffery, Bennett, Forte, Royal, and my sleeper to break out, Zach Miller, to throw the ball to...Adding a potential pro bowler to that group is certainly tantalizing but IMO not a true must for a team that is supposed to run the ball more.

It's not necessarily giving up on him, but 4 WR sets are rarely run in the NFL, and I think the best way for Wilson to grow would be on the field getting actual in game reps.

Wilson has shown flashes in preseason, and he had a pretty good game vs GB last year. It's not necessarily a bad problem to have if he puts it together even after drafting a WR, but the 1R pick could be used elsewhere.

Bears right now have Jeffery, Bennett, Forte, Royal, and my sleeper to break out, Zach Miller, to throw the ball to...Adding a potential pro bowler to that group is certainly tantalizing but IMO not a true must for a team that is supposed to run the ball more.

From my perspective, you must have ability to stretch the field to be able to effectively run the ball. We don't have the speed at any position to get any team out their game plan.

From my perspective, you must have ability to stretch the field to be able to effectively run the ball. We don't have the speed at any position to get any team out their game plan.

I agree, you take the BPA and that probably will be one of the two WRs. You dont bank on Wilson to take off when a stud WR can add so much.