Who should we re-sign?

Wesson44

Wit the name listed below as our own FA.....who do you think we need to re-sign. My choices are in Bold

L. Briggs LB UFA

E. Britton OT UFA

J. Cain C UFA

B. de la Puente C UFA

J. Feely PK UFA

D. McCray SS UFA

S. McManis CB UFA

J. Morgan WR UFA

M. Owens RB UFA

T. Scott DE UFA

D. Sharpton LB UFA

C. Tillman CB UFA

D. Williams LB UFA

Guest TerraTor
Wit the name listed below as our own FA.....who do you think we need to re-sign. My choices are in Bold

L. Briggs LB UFA

E. Britton OT UFA

J. Cain C UFA

B. de la Puente C UFA

J. Feely PK UFA

D. McCray SS UFA

S. McManis CB UFA

J. Morgan WR UFA

M. Owens RB UFA

T. Scott DE UFA

D. Sharpton LB UFA

C. Tillman CB UFA

D. Williams LB UFA

None

I saw somewhere that Wisniewski is recovering from shoulder injury ad this maybe the reason why he is not signed yet

Yes, he had surgery to repair a torn labrum. I would say his strength would be none to very limited until it's healed and rehabbed. Hard to say how far out he is.

Yes, he had surgery to repair a torn labrum. I would say his strength would be none to very limited until it's healed and rehabbed. Hard to say how far out he is.

Torn labrum is a tough injury to recover from but if done right he can come back stronger. Doing that takes a lot of time and work. I'm not a doctor but I'd guess that in March it is way too early to asses how he's doing.

He just had a visit with the Patriots. Hard to assess their level of interest this late in the game. The Patriots always look for bargains and I'm sure they are saying for the same price would you rather snap to Cutler or Brady?

Torn labrum is a tough injury to recover from but if done right he can come back stronger. Doing that takes a lot of time and work. I'm not a doctor but I'd guess that in March it is way too early to asses how he's doing.

He just had a visit with the Patriots. Hard to assess their level of interest this late in the game. The Patriots always look for bargains and I'm sure they are saying for the same price would you rather snap to Cutler or Brady?

I think I read he was looking for 4 mil a year. That's not a bargain price, but I would say we should do it, and let him rehab and bring him along slowly. Garza can be our bridge to a better center.

I think I read he was looking for 4 mil a year. That's not a bargain price, but I would say we should do it, and let him rehab and bring him along slowly. Garza can be our bridge to a better center.

Again this is not an easy recovery and leaves his availability for early in the season in doubt. I think we are smart not to over-commit.

http://www.hopkinsortho.org/labrum_tear.html

The recovery depends upon many factors, such as where the tear was located, how severe it was and how good the surgical repair was. It is believed that it takes at least four to six weeks for the labrum to re-attach itself to the rim of the bone, and probably another four to six weeks to get strong. Once the labrum has healed to the rim of the bone, it should see stress very gradually so that it can gather strength. It is important not to re-injure it while it is healing.

How much motion and strengthening of the arm is allowed after surgery also depends upon many factors, and it is up to the surgeon to let you know your limitations and how fast to progress. Because of the variability in the injury and the type of repair done, it is difficult to predict how soon someone can to return to activities and to sports after the repair. The type of sport also is important, since contact sports have a greater chance of injuring the labrum repair. However, a vast majority of patients have full function of the shoulder after labrum repair, and most patients can return to their previous level of sports with no or few restrictions.