Evan Silva

jason

Wow. This guy is inside my head. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-draft-nee...iNVhg4AVTUnnIlQ I don't like it all, but I agree with the sentiments about which positions are needed.

I like the picks if they were taken one round later. OT Cedric Ogbuehi was a top OT candidate until his injury, I would take the flier on him in RD3. RD2, we need to find a defensive starter in CB/S/Dline/ or ILB.

Hard to argue with the needs, though with the loss of Marshall, I would say WR is now #1 or #2. I wonder which position would yield the biggest single upgrade from the #7 pick? Here is how I see it going into this draft:

Tier 1 Needs (Replace voids)

1. WR (White/Cooper/Parker vs Wilson) - Wilson is a late round pick and can't be counted on as anything other than depth, I feel like he is too small/weak to be a #2. Needs to compliment Jeffery/Royal.

2. O-Line (Scherff/Collins/Peat vs Mills) - Mills was brutal last year and we can fill with Long sliding over or bringing in a new RT (who could slide to LT when Bushrod is gone).

Tier 2 Needs (Replace aging vets or underperformers)

1. DE (Williams/Brown vs Jenkins/Sutton) - New scheme, Jenkins with only experience outside of McDonald. Just like O-Line, have to win in the trenches.

2. S (Collins vs Mundy/Vereen) - Rolle/Mundy are aging vets so we could use some youth here. Very thin on the roster, so we are drafting a Safety in 1st 3-4 rounds.

3. DT (Shelton vs Ferguson/Ratliff) - Ratliff has only a year or two left, and just like DE, need to win the battle at the line to take pressure off LBs and DBs.

4. CB (Waynes vs Jennings) - Jennings is on the downside of his career, need some shutdown capabilities on the outside.

5. OLB (Beasley/Fowler vs Allen/Houston/Young) - Old/injured, a lot of questions marks, even though it seems like we have a lot of in house options and added McPhee/Acho.

6. ILB (Kendricks/McKinney vs Bostic/Jones/Foster) - New scheme and Bostic looked lost at times.

7. RB (Gurley/Gordon vs Forte/Carey) - Forte nearing the end of his window, Carey still unproven.

8. QB (Winston/Mariota/Petty vs Cutler) - This could go from here to #1 depending on how staff views Cutler.

9. TE (Williams vs Bennett) - Bennett has a few more solid years in him.