Goodbye Peanut

adam

Such a sad day for this franchise. An all time favorite and an all time great. I hate seeing him play in another uniform. I wish Peanut the best of luck and want to thank him for not only the amazing football he played in Chicago but how he handled himself as a member of this franchise. An all time great player and an all time great role model for kids. You'll always be a Bear Peanut!!!

Such a sad day for this franchise. An all time favorite and an all time great. I hate seeing him play in another uniform. I wish Peanut the best of luck and want to thank him for not only the amazing football he played in Chicago but how he handled himself as a member of this franchise. An all time great player and an all time great role model for kids. You'll always be a Bear Peanut!!!

Well said

Class act all around. Sad he couldn't stay healthy, but wish him the best of luck. Thanks for your solid contribution to the team.

This 1,000%!

Best of luck, Peanut!

Peace :dabears

Class act all around. Sad he couldn't stay healthy, but wish him the best of luck. Thanks for your solid contribution to the team.

I agree with you, sad that he couldnt stay healthy. What's the odds he stays healthy this Year? Love the guy but everything comes to a end. His was 2 years ago.

I'll say this. Although Im really disappointed in Tillman leaving, I'm not nearly as bothered by it as I was with Urlacher. Don't get the feeling I did then that a 'Bear legend' departure was mishandled. So far so good with Pace and crew. Seems to be a class act.

Good luck Peanut and here's to success at retiring the way you want to!

I'll say this. Although Im really disappointed in Tillman leaving, I'm not nearly as bothered by it as I was with Urlacher. Don't get the feeling I did then that a 'Bear legend' departure was mishandled. So far so good with Pace and crew. Seems to be a class act.

Agreed 1000%.

I think with Tillman, we would never know. He has never been the type to air his dirty laundry through the media. I think if Tillman had went through the Urlacher situation with Emery, the public perception would have been different because Tillman would have simply "no commented" it. The interest thing is, he hasn't yet spoken about anything yet, however, I like how McCaskey came out and said that as soon as he retires we will welcome him back with open arms. I still think we are a better team with him on the roster and would have loved to see him give safety a shot.

Pace is heading towards Emery/Angelo territory on how I think of him. Hopefully he can draft better than them and prove me wrong.

I'd agree somewhat especially with all these 1 year signings. Emery did virtually the same thing for a year or two yet Pace is getting better press out of it. But one of the BIG differences is that John Fox not only was hired by him he has him there helping with talent evaluation. And he and Fox have built a pretty reputable coaching staff. So far the signings make sense and the draft will underscore how successful he (Pace) is. I'm thinking positively at the moment.

Big loss for the team and the city. I think he still has it.

Pace is heading towards Emery/Angelo territory on how I think of him. Hopefully he can draft better than them and prove me wrong.

So how is that? Because he didnt resign Briggs and Tillman? Briggs had a good career here but the fact is he was a douche bag. When we needed him to be a leader last year, he is off opening up restaurants, bailing on the coaching staff and teammates. Peanut was a stand up guy, great teammate and player, but injuries have robbed his career. I hope he can stay healthy and play well, but at his age that is a big risk. This new regime looks at a bad team and decides what to do about it. Hanging on to likable Bears is a bad business decision. I would love to had Tillman stay and play FS and continue his career but his age , didnt want to play saftey and the injury bug has made him a big risk. I wish him well.

Over the years there is many Bears I loved, Payton,Butkus, and of recent history Urlacher and Peanut but the fact is players drop off the map quickly and have no problem letting them go and trying to find the new face to love. It doesnt mean I didnt like them, just realize the most important thing is to have a successful team to rout for now, I ll talk about my memories when I have beers with friends, but my current Bear team needs to be winners. Lets accept a few facts , other than a few bright spots, our team has pretty much sucker for 20 years. Im all in having having new players to root for and want team success and if it means letting go of losing football team memories, and players not able to contribute, Im good.

I have a hard time understanding, how some of you guys that keep living in the past when the past wasnt very good.

So how is that? Because he didnt resign Briggs and Tillman?

Yea, the lack of loyalty is a problem, but that's not why I am down on Pace at the moment.

Tillman's injuries haven't been leg related, he just reinjured the place on his arm he had surgery on the year before. They have been signing relatively old players so age isn't a factor. Tillman's loss isn't only a loss of one of the top corners in the league imho, but leaves yet another hole in the secondary. I can understand moving away from Briggs.

I thought hitching their wagon to Cutler like previous regimes was a bad idea, as was giving away one of the top WR's in the league. It created an unneeded hole on an already porous team. I wasn't big on the huge contract they gave to a nonstarter or paying Royal the kind of money he received.

Given Pace's experience is on the pro side, I expected a more inspired free agency. Now he faces what may be his weakness the draft. Ultimately, his drafts will define if he was better or worse than Emery and Angelo.

The coaching staff assembled was amazing, but that's been about the only thing I'm excited about he's done.

I wonder how much of it was about money. I was really hoping we'd resign Tillman, but did you want him for 3 million? Granted we don't know have much of that is incentives, but that's a lot more than the 1.95 million Alan Ball signed for.

Briggs and BM needed to move on because of some of the things that happened in 2014. The new staff immediately sends a message that this is about winning and "team first" not about "me first." We heard early on that Briggs would be gone and BM would likely be traded. We never heard that about Tillman.

I thought we were trying to sign Tillman. It was a need, he was productive when healthy, and he's been a great teammate.

That changed once we signed Ball for 1.95 million. That's starter money. We're already paying Jennings starter money and Kyle Fuller is a #1 pick.

Tillman got paid and he gets to reunite with Chico. The brand new staff replaces one of the guys who has been here forever and replaces him with a guy 4 years younger. IMO this is a win-win for everyone.

Yea, the lack of loyalty is a problem, but that's not why I am down on Pace at the moment.

Tillman's injuries haven't been leg related, he just reinjured the place on his arm he had surgery on the year before. They have been signing relatively old players so age isn't a factor. Tillman's loss isn't only a loss of one of the top corners in the league imho, but leaves yet another hole in the secondary. I can understand moving away from Briggs.

I thought hitching their wagon to Cutler like previous regimes was a bad idea, as was giving away one of the top WR's in the league. It created an unneeded hole on an already porous team. I wasn't big on the huge contract they gave to a nonstarter or paying Royal the kind of money he received.

Given Pace's experience is on the pro side, I expected a more inspired free agency. Now he faces what may be his weakness the draft. Ultimately, his drafts will define if he was better or worse than Emery and Angelo.

The coaching staff assembled was amazing, but that's been about the only thing I'm excited about he's done.

Your opinions may well turn out to be true. Pace doesnt have a loyalty to anyone on this team right now. I think he is trying to be noble about it. Keeping Cutler is only because we have no other choice. The problem is his money which goes on Emery. Marshall was a problem but if you dont understand that, its just differences of opinion.

His draft will define him, I , as you, think he did well with the coaching hires. If peanut plays well, then we will look back on it as a bad decision, if he ends up being hurt, then Pace wins. Even healthy, Peanut is not a press corner, his skills fit a free safety of which he had no interest. I dont think it was much of a choice.

I will be hopeful and form my opinion after we actually see games played instead of at this time of the year.

49 years of watching Bears football this is by far the best cornerback I watched on this team and think he may get some HOF consideration with his niche' that in some ways changed the game,"The Peanut Punch".During a 5 year span no ball carrier was safe from him stripping the ball away.Off the field one of the most approachable Bears of all time and his charitable work unparralled.That is the guy that will be missed and that is the guy I am saluting.

WTBS Tillman has not played for this team for almost 2 seasons for a reocurring injury.I personally believe that with his style of play and that recent injury that he should move to the next phase of his life because he is not going to change the way he plays and I hope when he gets to TC in Carolina he feels so uncomfortable that he retires.

Either way I wish Tillman well and hope he continues to be a good human being.