Middle of the Night Crying Baby Bears Mock

dawhizz

Was up with my crying daughter in the middle of the night, so this was how I passed the time and thought I would share. I think I'm getting to the point where I'm getting a pretty good idea of where I see value and how I'd like to see the draft progress, not that it ever actually goes that way . . .

1) Kevin White, WR, West Virginia - I remain a WR at #7 guy and would prefer White over Cooper by a hair, but I figure only one will be there any way.

2) Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon - An upgrade over Jordan Mills, who regressed last season, is sorely needed, and he can start at RT out of the gate and then move to LT whenever cutting Bushrod makes sense.

**trade down in 3rd, pick up a 4th and a 7th**

3) Anthony Harris, S, Virginia - I have generally been against this safety class, but Harris is pretty versatile and can shift Vereen into a nickel safety/CB role that I think suits him better.

4a) Marcus Hardison, DE, Arizona State - Big fan of his and he can fit in anywhere in our line as a starter or rotational guy.

4b) Markus Golden, LB, Missouri - Despite all the additions, I think Pace still wants to add a pass rushing LB, and I'm counting on Golden's tweener profile to push him down here, where Fangio can move him around as a rush LB/DE.

5) Shaq Mason, G/C, Georgia Tech - I like pretty much all the mid-round C prospects, but Mason is a favorite because he can play guard and center and is probably one of the better pure run-blocking interior linemen in the draft. Give him a year then hopefully hand the C reigns off to him.

6) Mario Alford, WR, West Virginia - Double dip for WV receivers. Mariani was OK last year as a returner, but only in comparison to what we had and he adds nothing else and is injury prone. Alford has big-time return ability and can contribute readily as a speed/slot receiver.

7) DeVante Bausby, CB, Pittsburgh State - CB from the small school John Brown came out of last year with this size (6'2" 180) and athleticism (4.42 40, 37.5" vertical) that fits the Fangio scheme.

Nice draft and the heading for your topic makes being a grand pa even better. I don't miss late night feedings, diaper changes etc. and like watching my kids argue with their spouses over who changes the next pamper or rubs baby oragel over the sore gums.