jason

The draft goes:

1. Winston

2. Williams

3. Fowler

4. White

5. Beasley

6. Ray

Mariota is there at 7 and Chip Kelly comes calling. He offers his 1st (20), his 2nd (52), and something next year to move up. Pace happily accepts.

1.20- Landon Collins, S, Alabama

2.39- Eddie Goldman, NT, FSU

2.52- Bernardrick McKinney, ILB, MSU

3-Hronis Grassu, C, Oregon

4-Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon St.

5-Shaquille Mason, OG, GT

6-Jamison Crowder, WR, Duke

7-Deshazor Everett, CB, TX A&M

The draft goes:

1. Winston

2. Williams

3. Fowler

4. White

5. Beasley

6. Ray

Mariota is there at 7 and Chip Kelly comes calling. He offers his 1st (20), his 2nd (52), and something next year to move up. Pace happily accepts.

Perfect. The future first is the key if we ever want to end the Cutler era. Collins would be huge and the additions of a starting NT, C, ILB. I have a feeling Mariota will be there at 7 and White Cooper Beasley will be gone. The Bears need to promote Mariota. Make a team bite on a trade for once that goes in our favor.

The draft goes:

1. Winston

2. Williams

3. Fowler

4. White

5. Beasley

6. Ray

Kelly would be giving us just a 2nd Rd pick this year to get a shot at a blue chip talent so I'd need more than that this year to close that deal. Whether or not we think Mariota is a blue chip talent selecting at #7 gives you a shot at that kind of talent in this draft because we'd be walking away from Amari Cooper.

I like the draft except I'm not a big fan of McKinney and I prefer to grab our WR there. While he has some limitations I'd probably add Nelson Agholor at #52. He'll stretch the field for us, which we really need, and has the frame to add strength and raw skills to develop into a pretty good player a couple years down the road.

I'm not content to rely on Carey and Rodgers to backup Forte, I think we're drafting a RB somewhere on day 3. In the 6th I take Karlos Williams. Big fast RB but needs more experience and time to develop. He's already a good special teams player so no reason he shouldn't be able to fill that role at a minimum his first year, and we do need help there.

Kelly would be giving us just a 2nd Rd pick this year to get a shot at a blue chip talent so I'd need more than that this year to close that deal. Whether or not we think Mariota is a blue chip talent selecting at #7 gives you a shot at that kind of talent in this draft because we'd be walking away from Amari Cooper.

I like the draft except I'm not a big fan of McKinney and I prefer to grab our WR there. While he has some limitations I'd probably add Nelson Agholor at #52. He'll stretch the field for us, which we really need, and has the frame to add strength and raw skills to develop into a pretty good player a couple years down the road.

I'm not content to rely on Carey and Rodgers to backup Forte, I think we're drafting a RB somewhere on day 3. In the 6th I take Karlos Williams. Big fast RB but needs more experience and time to develop. He's already a good special teams player so no reason he shouldn't be able to fill that role at a minimum his first year, and we do need help there.

They'd trade their 1 and 2, and a pick next year. That pick next year would have to be something high as well, either a 1 or 2. Based on the trade value chart, that works.

My problem is that it doesn't really address any of our offensive holes this year, unless Grasu starts over Montgomery. It forces either Royal or Wilson to start at the outside receiver with Jeffery, something I don't think either are suited for, and makes Mills the starting RT by default, unless you envision Long to LT, Bushrod to RT and someone to G (Mills, Ola, Mason?). I'm also not much of a Mannion fan.

Perfect. The future first is the key if we ever want to end the Cutler era. Collins would be huge and the additions of a starting NT, C, ILB. I have a feeling Mariota will be there at 7 and White Cooper Beasley will be gone. The Bears need to promote Mariota. Make a team bite on a trade for once that goes in our favor.

I think, whatever point we address wr, if will have to be for a potential starter, of which you aint getting in the 6th. If not with the first , no later than 3rd.

I think you could be right with the players in the front end of the draft.

I think, whatever point we address wr, if will have to be for a potential starter, of which you aint getting in the 6th. If not with the first , no later than 3rd.

I think you could be right with the players in the front end of the draft.

Im not sure any WR other than a first RDer will be able to be counted on to produce as a #2 year one. I just have a bad feeling the two WRs will be gone. I dont see Ray going before 7 and its a toss up between Mariota or a WR to the Jets.

I wonder if at that time if Mariotta is the highest rated player on their board,would they take him.If the choice came down to trading or drafting,I'm trading and if they could get a 1st and 2nd then I'm happy.Another pick would be needed to seal the deal though like a 2nd or 3rd next year.

Names like La'el Collins,Devante Parker, Randy Gregory,Malcolm,Brown,Alvin Dupree and Landon Collins could all be in play at that pick.

Im not sure any WR other than a first RDer will be able to be counted on to produce as a #2 year one. I just have a bad feeling the two WRs will be gone. I dont see Ray going before 7 and its a toss up between Mariota or a WR to the Jets.

I think some have gotten spoiled by have Marshall and AJ. Hell even Royal ranked in the top 50 in receiving yards, so technically he could be viewed as an average #2 WR.

I think AJ gets at least 1200...Bennett gets another 900....Royal another 7 or 8 hundred...Forte/Quiz get around 700...So that's around 3500 already. A rookie/Wilson can manage 500 to get them up to 4k then you have a 2nd TE, a 4th Wr, and Carey to add a couple 100 more perhaps

Rookie WRs lately, even later round WRs, have been able to come in and produce right away (thanks in part to the rules against corners).

I've come to terms with Cooper/White making sense, but I think the offense can still be potent enough with a mid rounder who comes in and competes with Wilson.

I think some have gotten spoiled by have Marshall and AJ. Hell even Royal ranked in the top 50 in receiving yards, so technically he could be viewed as an average #2 WR.

I think AJ gets at least 1200...Bennett gets another 900....Royal another 7 or 8 hundred...Forte/Quiz get around 700...So that's around 3500 already. A rookie/Wilson can manage 500 to get them up to 4k then you have a 2nd TE, a 4th Wr, and Carey to add a couple 100 more perhaps

Rookie WRs lately, even later round WRs, have been able to come in and produce right away (thanks in part to the rules against corners).

I've come to terms with Cooper/White making sense, but I think the offense can still be potent enough with a mid rounder who comes in and competes with Wilson.

Who cares about projected stats, when you you need to win games. I want Cooper as the 7th pick but if they have a chance to change the franchise with a pick then do it.

Who cares about projected stats, when you you need to win games. I want Cooper as the 7th pick but if they have a chance to change the franchise with a pick then do it.

Im just saying man. Like I said Im cool with Cooper/White but dont think its a must for the offense to be really good.

I've thought the same thing, but the prevailing thought is that WR is needed.

Alshon - 1300 would be about the midway point from the past two years

Royal - 600 would be a dip from the last two years

Bennett - 800 average

Forte - 600 average, and Fox likes to use RBs in the passing game

Wilson - 200?

Carey - 100?

Rookie - How much is there to dish out?

Two scenarios:

1) Alshon turns into Brandon Marshall (without lockeroom issues), and the rookie steps right into the #2 Alshon role.

Result - Rookie gets about 900yds? That likely means less production from Royal, Bennett, Forte. So instead of 2000 combined, let's call it 1600.

1300+1600+900+200+100

2) Alshon steps up, but not quite as much, which means the Bears have to rely on the vets more, and the rookie less.

Result - Rookie gets about 500yds, and the Royal+Bennett+Forte combo gets close to their 2000 number.

1300+2000+500+200+100

Either way, I see about 4000 yards. And, before anyone asks, yes, I realize it's more than last year. I think the combo of new coaches, and the lack of dependancy on Marshall, will allow Cutler to flourish.