Tevin Coleman pro day

bear trap

With the recent trade movement of RBs and the current rumoured status of Matt Forte, I find it very hard to believe that the Bears would not take a look at someone in this draft. I am probably one of the few on this board that believes that Carey deserves a chance to prove himself since Forte got so many touches last year and Fox is a RB by committee type of coach so you lessen Forte's impact by adding a draft pick at RB. Also if they realy want to improve the defense then they should run more and take ball out of Jay Intler's hands.

I know its probably Fortes last year as a Bear but with him, Carey, and Quiz on the roster I just can't imagine they draft a RB...I understand the RB by committee comments, but 4 deep? I just don't see that happening.

Maybe one in the 5th or 6th, perhaps a bruiser like Josh Robinson, but towards the top of the draft? No thanks.

Coleman doesn't appear to be a 1st Rd prospect. I watched the game against Ohio State and he had little help but the few times he got a crease he was grabbing huge chunks of yards, or long TDs. I'd love to have that kind of speed out of the backfield but I'd hate using a 2nd Rd pick to get it when we need so much help up front on either line. Plus he doesn't have a ton of elusiveness in short areas.

Assuming we'll use two picks to shore up Oline and RB I'll just say that for me a 2nd Rd OG + 4th-6th RD RB is greater than 2nd Rd RB + 4th-6th Rd OG.

Coleman doesn't appear to be a 1st Rd prospect. I watched the game against Ohio State and he had little help but the few times he got a crease he was grabbing huge chunks of yards, or long TDs. I'd love to have that kind of speed out of the backfield but I'd hate using a 2nd Rd pick to get it when we need so much help up front on either line. Plus he doesn't have a ton of elusiveness in short areas.

Assuming we'll use two picks to shore up Oline and RB I'll just say that for me a 2nd Rd OG + 4th-6th RD RB is greater than 2nd Rd RB + 4th-6th Rd OG.

With Long and Slaussen at Guard and Ducasse, Groy, and Ola as back ups, do you really think G is a need. I think if they draft Oline, OT and C are bigger needs. Now if they do move Long outside, I see the reasoning.

For what it's worth, my nephew says he's an absolute beast on a team with a weak OL and pass happy coach.

With Long and Slaussen at Guard and Ducasse, Groy, and Ola as back ups, do you really think G is a need. I think if they draft Oline, OT and C are bigger needs. Now if they do move Long outside, I see the reasoning.

When Slauson went down things got ugly fast. I think the possibility of Kyle Long moving to RT is realistic. I'm not saying the team will move him there, or has already made that decision. I think they know they can't go into this season fully reliant on Mills rebounding into a good player. What happens will be more of a BPA situation in the draft. If it's an OT they like I can see them drafting him and putting him in competition at RT.

OTOH if it's an OG then I think he comes in competes with Mills from that spot. That means they'd go with keeping their best 5 lineman on the field and in this scenario that would mean moving Long to RT.

After reading this I'm not a big fan of keeping Ducasse on the roster. Not that I want anyone to fail but if he gets cut it tells me we have someone better than him. It's one thing when a player is not great at run or pass blocking but they are consistent. The mis-steps Ducasse makes are the ones that blow up plays and QBs.

http://chi.scout.com/story/1535606-all-22-...ir-ducasse?s=25