RB at #7?

adam

I never considered Gordon or Gurley at #7, and don't think I would like it with all the other holes. However, I can see the reasoning: Forte is nearing the end of his career, has had a lot of touches over the last few years, has a decent cap hit, and really wasn't overly explosive last year. Considering all of that, it is still hard for me to see RB before the 4th with us having Forte, Carey, and Rodgers on the roster. Unless Forte was traded for a pick. Also, Fox has always seemed like an RB by committee type guy.

I would be legitimatly mad if we used the #7 pick on someone who won't help us this year, especially since we have a guy in Kadeem Carey who looked good in limited touches last year and deserves a shot to replace a Forte, IMO.

Me too, but now I have seen a couple of mocks with Gurley or Gordon at #7. That was a surprise to me.

Ya, no thanks. Like it was brought up earlier, Fox likes the whole RB by committee, and you don't do that with a top 10 pick.

He really wasn't using a committee last year. Players kept getting hurt and another guy stepped up. Ball got hurt, then Hillman got a majority of the carries until he got hurt. Then CJ Anderson came in and dominated. He didn't lose many, if any carries as the others got healthy.

I would be legitimatly mad if we used the #7 pick on someone who won't help us this year, especially since we have a guy in Kadeem Carey who looked good in limited touches last year and deserves a shot to replace a Forte, IMO.

This is Forte last year, and lets say Gurley is the next Adrian Peterson and we draft him. I would scratch my head, but next year when he leads the league in rushing, I would be impressed. Its doable.