Who I dont want

Stinger226

We all keep repeating ourselves on who we would like, he is a list I dont want at 7.

Both Qbs keep getting rated high because of the importance of the position, but for me, they are to risky of a pick for a team that needs a star now. Do not want either for our pick at 7.

I think the two best edge rushers are going to be Fowler and Beasley, Gregory and Ray will be there at our pick and dont want anything to do with either.

I think Shelton and Collins will be good players in the league but both are not a good valve at #7. We need a star in the making at 7 and dont think they fill that bill.

I think Trea Wayne will also be to much of a reach at 7, but as a fall back with a trade, would be ok.

Arik Armstead will be there at 7 and dont want him anywhere in the top half of the draft. I think he is a boom or bust type and we cant make that risky of a pick at 7 or even if we trade back.

At #7, I don't want anyone not from this group: (Mariota, Winston, Williams, Cooper, White, Beasley, Fowler). If everything goes as planned at least one should be there.

If Winston or Mariota fall, my first option would be trade back and get picks, but if nothing of value comes up, you have to draft one of them there. Let them sit behind Cutler for a year or two as we restock our team.

At #7, I don't want anyone not from this group: (Mariota, Winston, Williams, Cooper, White, Beasley, Fowler). If everything goes as planned at least one should be there.

If Winston or Mariota fall, my first option would be trade back and get picks, but if nothing of value comes up, you have to draft one of them there. Let them sit behind Cutler for a year or two as we restock our team.

I wouldnt like to see that happen because that means that first round doesnt contribute this year, but understand reasons why teams do that .

I don't want Mariota. He might have some good characteristics, but I think he is too big of an unknown if he can develop his skills to the NFL.

I do not want Shane Ray or Randy Gregory,( and Beasley is almost in this category.) I think they will be liabilities in the run game. If they Bears were a dominant team, adding their speed would be great. The Bears are not dominant and teams will run at them.

Brandon Scherf, yes he is mean and a road grader but #7 is too high for a probowl G. He could be a decent RT, but I think G is were he excels.

That leaves Winston, Williams, Fowler, Cooper and White and my sleeper pick Bud Dupree who may sneak into the top 7. Narrowing down this group, I hope Cooper falls, then Williams, and White or a trade down happens.

I wouldnt like to see that happen because that means that first round doesnt contribute this year, but understand reasons why teams do that .

There are probably only a handful of teams legitimately gunning for a Super Bowl next year and we are not one of them, so getting an immediate contributor is not as big of a deal as compared to other teams one or two players away. As long as we draft a 10 yr starter with pro bowl potential, I will be happy. Easier said than done obviously.

There are probably only a handful of teams legitimately gunning for a Super Bowl next year and we are not one of them, so getting an immediate contributor is not as big of a deal as compared to other teams one or two players away. As long as we draft a 10 yr starter with pro bowl potential, I will be happy. Easier said than done obviously.

I agree, yes ideally you want as many of your picks to contribute early, but we don't know what we have this year how good we'll be, or how far we have to go to be a contender. Some positions would be more likely to be expected to start or contribute right away. Others like QB we know will sit behind Jay and battle for backup spot this year and possibly next. I'm on the fence about Mariotta, do not want Winston at all. I'd rather trade down and get more picks but if the Bears go with Mariotta at #7 I can live with it because it is taking a chance on the future. I don't think we should not draft guys just because they don't start this year, if they can be a part of the teams future. We may very well struggle to be a 500 team this coming season. I don't like throwing a season away, but we need to draft with the future in mind as well as trying to find as many guys who can contribute now. There are too many holes to expect them all to be fixed or patched this offseason. It's going to take consecutive good offseason in the draft and FA to right the ship.

If someone is going to be a 10 year pro with pro bowl potential, they probably make an impact in some way there first year.

I still think ideal scenario 1 is one of those QB's coming to us. Next one is Williams, otherwise I am okay with top wideout, moving down (to grab DT / OLB / CB / Safety). I don't want a safety or CB at 7 (am okay with later on in the 1st). Clearly I'd puke if we took a RB @ 7 and while I am a huge fan of olineman I probably would prefer to move down if we were going to take one.