Draft Tek's 04/27/2015 mock ?

ASHKUM BEAR

This mock by far has got me the most excited. Sure we missed on Oline, but defensively this would be a great building block. I would be happy with this outcome.

1-7 Amari Cooper WR - Hands down the safest 1000yd/yr capable prospect

2-39 Landon Collins SS- Marked as the best S in the draft but he is a tweener FS/SS.

3-71 Xavier Cooper DE/DT- Projects as a 3-4 DE, which after McDonald, Jenkins, and maybe Houston theres not much depth.

4-106 Marcus Golden OLB- pass rushing talent to step in 2016

5-142 Durrell Eskridge FS-big physical FS who could step in

6-183 Ladarious Gunter CB- nice size and speed to develop

This mock by far has got me the most excited. Sure we missed on Oline, but defensively this would be a great building block. I would be happy with this outcome.

1-7 Amari Cooper WR - Hands down the safest 1000yd/yr capable prospect

2-39 Landon Collins SS- Marked as the best S in the draft but he is a tweener FS/SS.

3-71 Xavier Cooper DE/DT- Projects as a 3-4 DE, which after McDonald, Jenkins, and maybe Houston theres not much depth.

4-106 Marcus Golden OLB- pass rushing talent to step in 2016

5-142 Durrell Eskridge FS-big physical FS who could step in

6-183 Ladarious Gunter CB- nice size and speed to develop

Collins will never last that long in the draft to our spot.

I'm in the minority here, but I'm comfortable with Rolle/Mundy. So given how this draft plays out Id go with....

1- Cooper...at this time I am all aboard the Cooper train.

2- Jordan Phillips DT... I still think the bears could really use a guy who demands double teams.

3- Cedric Ogbuehi OT- Read an article saying he'll be ready for training camp. OT with 1R talent in the 3rd? Yes plz.

4- James Sample S- I am comfortable with Rolle/Mundy but neither are the future. I really like Sample.

5- Jake Ryan ILB- Gives me that Borland vibe.

6- Sean Mannion QB- QB worth taking a shot on.

I'm in the minority here, but I'm comfortable with Rolle/Mundy. So given how this draft plays out Id go with.... 1- Cooper...at this time I am all aboard the Cooper train. 2- Jordan Phillips DT... I still think the bears could really use a guy who demands double teams. 3- Cedric Ogbuehi OT- Read an article saying he'll be ready for training camp. OT with 1R talent in the 3rd? Yes plz. 4- James Sample S- I am comfortable with Rolle/Mundy but neither are the future. I really like Sample. 5- Jake Ryan ILB- Gives me that Borland vibe. 6- Sean Mannion QB- QB worth taking a shot on.

I do like that mock also.

I'm in the minority here, but I'm comfortable with Rolle/Mundy. So given how this draft plays out Id go with....

1- Cooper...at this time I am all aboard the Cooper train.

2- Jordan Phillips DT... I still think the bears could really use a guy who demands double teams.

3- Cedric Ogbuehi OT- Read an article saying he'll be ready for training camp. OT with 1R talent in the 3rd? Yes plz.

4- James Sample S- I am comfortable with Rolle/Mundy but neither are the future. I really like Sample.

5- Jake Ryan ILB- Gives me that Borland vibe.

6- Sean Mannion QB- QB worth taking a shot on.

I don't mind that draft, but I'd rather see 2nd & 3rd rounds flip-flopped. I still think we need to see what the hell the guys on roster can do in a 3-4 front.

I don't mind that draft, but I'd rather see 2nd & 3rd rounds flip-flopped. I still think we need to see what the hell the guys on roster can do in a 3-4 front.

I just don't think any of the guys on the line will demand double teams. They could end up being serviceable players but not to the extent of being a guy who by demanding double teams will make the rest of the defense better.

I just don't think any of the guys on the line will demand double teams. They could end up being serviceable players but not to the extent of being a guy who by demanding double teams will make the rest of the defense better.

Phillips is the only guy besides Shelton that I think can be a pure 3-4 NT that plays a 2 gap. I think if he makes it to NE, they draft him to replace Wilfork.

Phillips is the only guy besides Shelton that I think can be a pure 3-4 NT that plays a 2 gap. I think if he makes it to NE, they draft him to replace Wilfork.

Besides Shelton and Phillips do any of these names say nose tackle? Malcolm Brown, Eddie Goldman,Carl Davis,Tyler Davison,Letermius Watson and Detrick Lott. Their size alone looks like space eater and double team players.

I have watched the Bears for a long time and I'm not about to act like I know anything about how they would play a 3-4 but the version of the defense that Fangio played when the Bears played them with Jason Campbell at QB is not the same as what green bay plays every game. I don't think either team has a huge NT that eats up blocks.

Besides Shelton and Phillips do any of these names say nose tackle? Malcolm Brown, Eddie Goldman,Carl Davis,Tyler Davison,Letermius Watson and Detrick Lott. Their size alone looks like space eater and double team players.

I have watched the Bears for a long time and I'm not about to act like I know anything about how they would play a 3-4 but the version of the defense that Fangio played when the Bears played them with Jason Campbell at QB is not the same as what green bay plays every game. I don't think either team has a huge NT that eats up blocks.

Depends on what type of front you want to run, a 2 gap NT frees up one ILBs. It is not necessary, but a bonus.

I've said it once, and ill say it again. Having guys like Justin Smith or JJ Watt make having a big NT less of a need. When you have beasts like those 2 who command double teams themselves then you're accomplishing what you want to get out of a big space eater.

I don't think we have one of those guys on the roster, and past Leonard Williams falling to us, Im not sure there's a guy who fits that sort of undersized type guy everyone likes to bring up that Fangio had.

I've said it once, and ill say it again. Having guys like Justin Smith or JJ Watt make having a big NT less of a need. When you have beasts like those 2 who command double teams themselves then you're accomplishing what you want to get out of a big space eater.

I don't think we have one of those guys on the roster, and past Leonard Williams falling to us, Im not sure there's a guy who fits that sort of undersized type guy everyone likes to bring up that Fangio had.

I think Fangio just works with his roster, having stars on the team obviously makes the whole defense look better. I think ideally your probably right with his system, but dont think he is stuck on anyone type, he wings it.

I think Fangio just works with his roster, having stars on the team obviously makes the whole defense look better. I think ideally your probably right with his system, but dont think he is stuck on anyone type, he wings it.

That's precisely what I hope happens. I hope Fangio thinks he can work with the roster considering the number of quality guys on the team. Regardless of their history in a 3-4.

Then that opens up the Bears to need-based BPA, and filling holes at WR, OL, and S.