Prediction Time!

dawhizz

OK, by my math, we're about 24 hours from the Bears pick - so who will it be?

I saw either Kevin White or Danny Shelton and will ultimately guess Shelton, because I think White will be gone. The Bears would love to trade down just a couple spots, but no farther than the Browns at #12 (Rams would be ideal) and get an extra pick. If the Browns trade up to #2, maybe the Bears would be OK trading back farther, but I think the Browns would take Shelton if the Bears didn't. As it stands, the Rams only have six picks and probably don't want to lose more and after that is the Vikings, and I doubt the Bears want to help them go up and get someone they like. Ratliff is the only NT on the depth chart. Shelton fixes that and at least answers one question on defense.

My dark horse pick is Devante Parker. If White and Cooper are gone in the first six picks, that suggests to me that the 1st round will be chock full of receivers, and suddenly guys you had hoped you could get in the 2nd (Dorsett, Agholar, DGB) go in the first and you're left with Greene or Coates in the 2nd. If the Bears want a guy opposite Jeffery this year, they may need to take Parker in the first. Plus it keeps him from going to the Vikings and reuniting with Bridgewater.

OK, by my math, we're about 24 hours from the Bears pick - so who will it be?

I saw either Kevin White or Danny Shelton and will ultimately guess Shelton, because I think White will be gone. The Bears would love to trade down just a couple spots, but no farther than the Browns at #12 (Rams would be ideal) and get an extra pick. If the Browns trade up to #2, maybe the Bears would be OK trading back farther, but I think the Browns would take Shelton if the Bears didn't. As it stands, the Rams only have six picks and probably don't want to lose more and after that is the Vikings, and I doubt the Bears want to help them go up and get someone they like. Ratliff is the only NT on the depth chart. Shelton fixes that and at least answers one question on defense.

My dark horse pick is Devante Parker. If White and Cooper are gone in the first six picks, that suggests to me that the 1st round will be chock full of receivers, and suddenly guys you had hoped you could get in the 2nd (Dorsett, Agholar, DGB) go in the first and you're left with Greene or Coates in the 2nd. If the Bears want a guy opposite Jeffery this year, they may need to take Parker in the first. Plus it keeps him from going to the Vikings and reuniting with Bridgewater.

I am not sure you went out on the limb wih 3 names listed.

Mine is simple, stated on the other post for predications.

We trade back with St Louis and grab shelton.

I not sure you went out on the limb3 names listed.

Mine is simple, stated on the other post for predications.

We trade back with St Louis and grab shelton.

Listen to the score all the time and have been listening to many NFL people on the draft.

What I figured out

5 sure things: Leonard Williams

Amari Cooper

Dante Fowler

Kevin White

Brandon Scherff All long time pro bowl types

the next 5(no particular order)

Todd Gurley

Devante Parker

Vic Beasley

Andrus Peat

Danny Shelton

The two QBs are always listed in the top 10 but think they are two risky and will never be there at 7

Two other edge rushers are normally top 10 material but with recent behavior have dropped of top 10. Shane Ray and Randy Gregory.

Ray will still be a good player but will need monitoring to keep in line. I dont want anything to do with Gregory heard some scouts talk about he has bad work habits and will never suceed in the NFL. Lets face it , if you dont have the desire to be the best at what you do, you will fail. Being a great athlete in college works, rarely does it work in the NFL.

I think any trade back is what we must do. Get amother 2nd or whatever.

Mid teens - Parker or Collins

My guess is Vic Beasley. Because with Ray and Gregory hurting their stock, Cooper, White, Fowler and Williams go along with the QBs. Beasley is highly rated and too high to pass as bpa. If they can trade down, then it is a few spots down only.

Guest TerraTor
My guess is Vic Beasley. Because with Ray and Gregory hurting their stock, Cooper, White, Fowler and Williams go along with the QBs. Beasley is highly rated and too high to pass as bpa. If they can trade down, then it is a few spots down only.

I would love Beasley... I see Aldon Smith but not an udiot

What are the chances of the Bears moving up to grab Leonard Williams?

What would this take and would it be worth it?

It will take more than we can afford to give up. We need to reload the roster at almost every position and if anything we could use more picks. However, this league is driven by stars and you have the best odds at finding them in the top half of the draft so I don't want to drop back more than a few spots. Any deal beyond that I wouldn't accept.

The more I think about it, the more I think only Williams, Winston, Mariota, Cooper, White, and Scherff are in play at #7. The odds are that Fowler will go in the top 6, which means someone, most likely Scherff is available at #7. I would not mind that pick, as Long/Scherff would be a nasty pair on the right side.

My ordered preferences are: Williams, Cooper, White, Mariota, Winston, Scherff, Shelton, Fowler, Peat, Beasley, Collins, Waynes

The more I think about it, the more I think only Williams, Winston, Mariota, Cooper, White, and Scherff are in play at #7. The odds are that Fowler will go in the top 6, which means someone, most likely Scherff is available at #7. I would not mind that pick, as Long/Scherff would be a nasty pair on the right side.

My ordered preferences are: Williams, Cooper, White, Mariota, Winston, Scherff, Shelton, Fowler, Peat, Beasley, Collins, Waynes

That's a pretty good order. Mine would be:

Winston/trade, Mariota/trade, Williams, Cooper, Scherff, Shelton, Peat, White, Fowler, Collins, Beasley, Waynes

That's a pretty good order. Mine would be:

Winston/trade, Mariota/trade, Williams, Cooper, Scherff, Shelton, Peat, White, Fowler, Collins, Beasley, Waynes

How surprised would you be if the Bears went Beasley assuming Cooper and White were already off the board? Obviously Williams is also gone in the scenario. I could see them passing on Shelton and the rest to go Beasley here. Thoughts?

Rd 1 #7 Amari Cooper I think some other team bites on the hype surrounding Kevin White and takes him ahead of Cooper.

I'm not sure we'll be able to trade back. There usually aren't that many teams willing to pay the price to get into the top 7. I think the Redskins, and to a lesser extent the Jets, are desperate for more picks and will accept a lower offer than we will. I've already said I want a blue chip player out of this draft so trading all the way back to the late teens to take someone like Landon Collins is not my preference.

I think the trade targets for teams trying to get into the top 7 are Beasley or Fowler. With Shane Ray and Randy Gregory going stupid before the draft the urgency to get one of the elite pass rushers is heightened. I don't put Bud Dupree in the same category as those guys and teams know we need a fast edge rusher.

If Cooper is not available I think we take Beasley. If we trade back a few picks to around #10 the targets are Danny Shelton or Trae Waynes. If we trade back to middle of the 1st or later I start thinking Jerry Angelo is still running the show.

Rd 1 #7 Amari Cooper I think some other team bites on the hype surrounding Kevin White and takes him ahead of Cooper.

I'm not sure we'll be able to trade back. There usually aren't that many teams willing to pay the price to get into the top 7. I think the Redskins, and to a lesser extent the Jets, are desperate for more picks and will accept a lower offer than we will. I've already said I want a blue chip player out of this draft so trading all the way back to the late teens to take someone like Landon Collins is not my preference.

I think the trade targets for teams trying to get into the top 7 are Beasley or Fowler. With Shane Ray and Randy Gregory going stupid before the draft the urgency to get one of the elite pass rushers is heightened. I don't put Bud Dupree in the same category as those guys and teams know we need a fast edge rusher.

If Cooper is not available I think we take Beasley. If we trade back a few picks to around #10 the targets are Danny Shelton or Trae Waynes. If we trade back to middle of the 1st or later I start thinking Jerry Angelo is still running the show.

You and I are on the same page. I'm starting to think Beasley which is odd for a team with 17 LB's already on the roster. Of course it depends on who else is available. I'd love Cooper.

How surprised would you be if the Bears went Beasley assuming Cooper and White were already off the board? Obviously Williams is also gone in the scenario. I could see them passing on Shelton and the rest to go Beasley here. Thoughts?

I wouldn't like it. I still think the Bears have far too much DE/OLB talent uncertainties to spend picks on rushers who will also need to be truly vetted in Fangio's 3-4. Beasley would likely get stuck in a rotation at best, and fall behind productive vets at worst. I absolutely don't like a pass rush pick for the Bears until the 4th.

I wouldn't like it. I still think the Bears have far too much DE/OLB talent uncertainties to spend picks on rushers who will also need to be truly vetted in Fangio's 3-4. Beasley would likely get stuck in a rotation at best, and fall behind productive vets at worst. I absolutely don't like a pass rush pick for the Bears until the 4th.

I agree, I don't think we take an OLB, and let the run on those go to allow us getting a higher rated player in the 2nd. We very well could get Collins in the 2nd, and I would be willing to move up a couple of slots and sacrifice a 5th or a 6th to get Collins and still use the #7 on a stud.

They can always move Houston/McPhee to DE and after 2015, we most likely not re-sign McClellin, Allen, Young, Washington. So OLB will be a need eventually.

I know it is not a need or likeable pick this year, but next year it may be a big need.

I'm not saying I like it either. I'm just saying I'm getting the feeling they're going that direction assuming other players I think might be gone really are.

For me, I want to trade up and get Mariotta. I really don't care after that. Most the other players are just oh ok, they could probably use that guy unless it's a surprise picked early.

So, with Cutler and a huge contract, a porous OL, a new defensive scheme with tons of unknowns, definite holes at ILB and S if not also NT and 3-4 DE, an absence at WR now that Marshall is gone, and empirical evidence that trading up is a bad idea in terms of overall value added, yet you STILL want to trade up to get the second rated QB (and some question that because of the scheme) of a weak QB class?

That's insane.

So, with Cutler and a huge contract, a porous OL, a new defensive scheme with tons of unknowns, definite holes at ILB and S if not also NT and 3-4 DE, an absence at WR now that Marshall is gone, and empirical evidence that trading up is a bad idea in terms of overall value added, yet you STILL want to trade up to get the second rated QB (and some question that because of the scheme) of a weak QB class?

That's insane.

Oh Come on Jason, give me just one good reason :rolleyes: