Leonard Williams

Guest TerraTor

Did that Jets pick take the wind out of anyone else? I like the White pick, but the anticipation of Williams being there had me buzzing.

Yes. I whipped it out and grabbed some Jergen's. Then...meh...lost interest.

So, do you wish we would have tried to trade up for Williams? Maybe we tried, I don't know, but it's the second time in as many years that the stud first round DL second/third round WRs (DGB, Strong, Lockett etc.) or White, Goldman, and Langford?

It basically comes down to Williams+DGB/Funchess or Goldman+White, or a completely different draft order.

Williams will more than likely have more impact than Goldman, but White will more than likely have more impact than any WR drafted in the 2nd, so it may end up as a wash.

You also have to wonder why the Jags, Raiders, and Skins all passed on him. The Jags picked Fowler over Williams, the Raiders picked a WR over Williams, and Skins an OLinemen over him. So it seemed like the Jets just picked him because the value was perceived to be too high to pass up. Obviously he was not getting past us because he would've filled a need.

Last year the end all be all was Jadaveon Clowney.How did that end up? When these players are deemed the number one overall player in the draft lots of times (Mandarich) these guy fall short of that lofty title(JaMarcus Russell). Then factor in he is from USC and then you start to wonder about all the previous top talents allegedly from the same school and how they fared in the NFL. Bush.Lienart(sp?),Barclay, Mays, Perry and Malauga. These guys all came out very hyped and to this date have not lived up to that billing just sayin'.