Ian Rappaport Is Reporting That...

lemonej

The Bears are trying to trade up to the number 2 pick to take Marriotta

Depending on the price, I'd be all for it... like jay, and the #7 and maybe fourth or fifth or sutton or Allen.... mariota is gonna be something special... his athleticism alone ... combined with his work ethic and character and leadership... HELL YES!!!

Hopefully a smokescreen. Freaking atrocious idea.

I guess him saying at his original presser that he wants to build a team through the draft is a smoke screen. When the NFL tweet monsters Schefter and Rappaport get rumors they usually have good info.

With what I've been hearing about what Tennessee wants for that pick I don't like it. If it's not too bad I suppose Id do it if Jay is in the deal. Yes we more than likely have to give up some high picks but if Jay goes it also means they have the cap room to replace those picks with established players.

I of course am saying all that as a Cutler fan too.

I don't wanna see both Cutler and Mariotta on the team but if Cutler is included in the deal or a separate deal, Im cool with it.

Depending on the price, I'd be all for it... like jay, and the #7 and maybe fourth or fifth or sutton or Allen.... mariota is gonna be something special... his athleticism alone ... combined with his work ethic and character and leadership... HELL YES!!!

Thats a little closer to tolerable, but still tough to swallow considering all the present issues.

7+Jay+5th+Allen is still a HUGE sum to move up for an unknown. But considering the cap space, maybe it would save enough money to pay one of the FAs still sitting out there. I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Wes Welker as the slot WR. He would be an excellent compliment to AJ.

Cutler, Forte, & #7 for #2 and Sankey?

Then trade back for more? That could be interesting. Trade in to get rid of Cutler? Then trade back out?

If the Bears go to 2, I sure hope it is for Williams and not Mariota.