Bears Draft RB Langford

killakrzydav

There goes my Pace man-love. Stupid pick. Forte, Carey, Langford, Quiz. So that means either Carey is wasted before potential is known, or the Quiz signing was completely pointless.

or it means Forte's days are really numbered.

Must admit, first head scratcher for me in this draft.

Are they looking for a future replacement for Forte knowing he has a lot of past reps, age, and future contract issues?

Can't really say as I obviously do not know their thinking but it obviously says the coaches and GM are not enamored with our present backups for Forte.

Like most here I was expecting us to go in a different direction with our 4th rd pick.

Jury is out on this one.

That's a waste of pick.... made no sense

He was considered the best "all around" back in terms of blocking, receiving and running. Also good special teams background. Apparently we really don't like Kadeem Carey.

I am STUNNED we've drafted offense with 3 of our first four picks. STUNNED.

Langford seems like he has a similar skill set to Matt Forte. They may see him as his replacement for the 2016-2017 season.

He's going to be 24 in December so he's probably only got a good 6 years in him to produce. Don't really like that. But for a 4th rounder, it's not that big of a deal.

Langford seems like he has a similar skill set to Matt Forte. They may see him as his replacement for the 2016-2017 season.

He's going to be 24 in December so he's probably only got a good 6 years in him to produce. Don't really like that. But for a 4th rounder, it's not that big of a deal.

Disagree on both. I don't think we view him so much as a replacement as we do a #2 back and reduce the load. The fact he can do all the things Forte can is nice. If Forte continues to be great, I think we'll look to resign him.

Also, with the age of 30, I think that's more about mileage and wear on the body then it is actual age. So his might be age 32.

He was considered the best "all around" back in terms of blocking, receiving and running. Also good special teams background. Apparently we really don't like Kadeem Carey.

Then again, we signed 7 defensive FAs with maybe 5 starters. Drafted another starter in Goldman.

I'm not. I've been saying for a while that there were a ton of bodies on the DL and LB they need to figure out. You can't draft hole fillers unless you know where the holes are.