Info on Langford

madlithuanian

Seems to have a higher ceiling than Carey:

Langford set a Big Ten record by finishing his career with 16 consecutive games of 100 yards or more against league competition while scoring more touchdowns in a two-year span (40) than any Michigan State player in history. The Wayne, Michigan product gained more than 1,400 yards rushing each of the past two seasons averaging 5.1 yards per carry. At 6-foot and 208 pounds, Langford ran the fastest 40-yard dash among the running backs at the NFL combine, turning in a 4.42-second time in the 40.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/20...remy_langf.html

First of all he has the long speed we haven't had out of the backfield in some time and I think that's a welcome addition. The way he runs reminds me of a 9/10ths version of Tevin Coleman. Not quite as fast, not quite as much elusiveness in the open field, not much power, but like Forte he's versatile and can play split out as a WR.

First of all he has the long speed we haven't had out of the backfield in some time and I think that's a welcome addition. The way he runs reminds me of a 9/10ths version of Tevin Coleman. Not quite as fast, not quite as much elusiveness in the open field, not much power, but like Forte he's versatile and can play split out as a WR.

His highlights look good, but he has a lot of work to do to be a starter in the NFL. Speed is not taught, so he has that going for him.